1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

83 USA Fender Bullet/Wooten

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 6stringvince, Jan 4, 2014.

1. 6stringvince

6stringvince Supporting Member

Some days the bass Gods do listen! While on vacation in FloridaI I happened to see an article in last nights local paper about Victor Wooten playing tonight at Largo Cultural Center, quick search on line and I snag one of the last 3 tickets remaining, a further search on line and I see he's doing a clinic just down the road. I head out for the clinic, with a bit of time to spare I stop in at a Pawn Shop on the way and snag this beautiful 83 Fender Bullet (USA) for a VERY good price! I brought it to the clinic, Victor signs it for me, and I spend the next 2 plus hours listening to Victor and watching him play. He is a genuinely great guy, who's as much a philosopher as he is an unbelievable player. Next he hands me his bass to check out and pass it around... Wow!
    Home for a quick dinner and off to the show,
    Steu Hamm opened up on his own, no band, followed by 2 hours of jaw dropping Wooten, also on his own, then they played together for a while, and completely blow me away!
    I get home, do a quick string change/setup on the new Bullet, plug it in to my Pod x3 (I always bring it and a bass with me while on holidays), and it doesn't take me long to figure out this thing is awesome. Sounds great, plays great (amazing neck!), and in near perfect shape!
    This day is how I would picture bass heaven... ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388817875.301170.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388817925.580064.jpg
  2. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Now that's a far out day and night. I'm envious. :cool:
  3. leadfingers

leadfingers Two decades of lead guitar before finding my way. Supporting Member

Very cool!
    Sounds like you had a fantastic day/night and snagged a keeper bass. Congrats!
  4. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

I went to his seminar/class a few years ago and he was great as was his drummer. I got to hang out with him awhile and his drummer and I hit it off.Victor allowed anyone there to come up and play his yin yang Fodera and some of the players were pretty good. I got the pics he had signed and we got to hang a little after the gig he did that night. A very down to earth guy both of them. Can't remember his drummer who was awesome and a great person.

Victor had his kids come on stage and play some that night..great show.