1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

'85 RoadstarII RB 850

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Philonius, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Philonius

Philonius Supporting Member

SOLD Hey now. I bought this on TB last year, having developed an acute GAS attack from reading all the raves this bass was getting on the Roadstar From Hell thread in the Luthier's forum. Original sale thread here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/1985-ibanez-roadstar-rb-850-4-string-bass-889845/ It is indeed a wonderful bass, but I'm downsizing my collection and she's gotta go.

The particulars: 34" scale, 8 pounds 5 ounces on the USPS scale next door. (Thank you, nice Postal employee.) 1-9/16" width at the graphite nut, neck looks to be 13/16" deep at the first fret, very slightly flat C shape. Quite comfy neck and balances well on a strap. Just about 20mm string spacing at the bridge. Still wearing the strings I got with it which are (?) D'Addario round wounds; should have plenty of life in them yet. Controls are Blend, Volume, Tone with push-push switchable single/double coil taps. Very lively humbucking pups, and lots of tonal options. An assortment of dings and scuffs, but overall in pretty nice shape for a 28 y.o. bass. Absolutely no fret ware (whatever that is) but some moderate wear. Truss rod works fine, current setup is pretty good. Appears to be 100% original except the lower strap button screw. Yes, that means the Ninja wing straplocks and chainsaw case (which is in good, but not pristine condition) are included. The color is less orangey than what my monitor shows, YMMV. Think candy apple red

Looking to get what I put into it: $400 shipped CONUS. Paypal is OK. You want pictures? We got pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:hyper:

2. slamzilla

slamzilla

Man, almost identical to my first bass! Wish I had $400. Bump for a great bass.

3. joebar

joebar

free bump phil
    man i like that...used to be mine...

4. Philonius

Valentine's day bump. Buy yourself a red bass, buy your sweetie a box of chocolates. What she doesn't know won't hurt you.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DasClyde

DasClyde Supporting Member

Any trade interest on an Eden wt300?

7. Philonius

Not looking for trades, but thanks for the bump. Better to PM the OP (me) so's he'll see your message, OK?

8. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    That is in amazing condition and has the case! Talk about a rare find. $400 is a steal for this bass in this condition.

GLWTS bump for one of the best Ibanez basses ever made, IMO.

9. Philonius

Now don't go and make me feel bad about charging too little. On hold pending payment.

10. Philonius

11. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member