86 Ibanez Roadstar P/J superlight w/gig bag--matching head!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kellyrojo, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Also have a 75 strat up for sale! http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f139/fs-1975-strat-natural-great-condition-954049/

NICE PRICE: Only 225 shipped in the CONUS
    PRICE DROP: 220 shipped in the CONUS
    Really? I gotta do this? 215$ shipped.....oy!

Up for sale is my 1986 Ibanez Roadstar 650 II P/J. This bass sounds awesome with its super hot PUPs. To me it is more like an SB2 than a typical standard passive P with the ballsy stock PUPs. Controls are Volume/ Blend w/detent/ tone. This bass is SUPER LIGHT. I don't have a scale but I'm pretty sure it is under 8 and without a doubt under 8.5. Everything is in working order and the white has aged to a nice cream over the years. Strings are old DRs I believe so if you like zing you will need to replace them. Action is what I would consider low to low-middle with a small bit of buzz on the upper frets. A pro set up will have this thing perfect but it is great how it is too.

The bass has a good bit of wear around the edges and some buckle rash on the back but nothing out of the ordinary or egregious for a bass this old. Some one might call it mojo, Ill call it player wear. The bottom strap button has been moved and filled. Headstock has a little dingage on the top but it is slight. Overall, there is nothing on the bass the you will notice on stage or from more than a foot or two away while playing--the pictures tell the story.

I added the cream chickenheads for the retro look but I have the original knobs that I can throw in. I also believe I still have that weird V shape strap button that these came with somewhere which I can throw in.

Also, this bass will come in a very nice roadrunner gig bag that is in great condition but is missing the little backpack that came on the front of it I believe. I think these bags were upwards of 70$ (but I really cant find any like this one online) and it is in really nice condition ...but no lil sack.

220 + shipping from charleston sc.

[​IMG][/url] P1060892 by kellyrojo78, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url] P1060893 by kellyrojo78, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url] P1060896 by kellyrojo78, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url] P1060897 by kellyrojo78, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url] P1060899 by kellyrojo78, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url] P1060900 by kellyrojo78, on Flickr[/IMG]

Some thoughts on these from other owners:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/ibanez-rb650-roadstar-ii-bass-your-thoughts-294714/

What some have previously sold for (= or more expensive than mine w/o a case)>> http://www.google.com/cse?siteurl=w...earch#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=roadstar 650&gsc.page=1
  2. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

3. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

4. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

price drop to the top
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. spufman

spufman Supporting Member

I had one - these are very nice and that's a good price... so bump.
  7. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Thanks Spuffy---I dropped it again--if it doesnt get bought at this price I will be very surprised!
  8. kzr750r1

kzr750r1 Supporting Member

PM Sent...
  9. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.