1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD 86 Ibanez Roadstar P/J superlight w/gig bag--matching head!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kellyrojo, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Also have a 75 strat up for sale! http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f139/fs-1975-strat-natural-great-condition-954049/

NICE PRICE: Only 225 shipped in the CONUS
    PRICE DROP: 220 shipped in the CONUS
    Really? I gotta do this? 215$ shipped.....oy!

Up for sale is my 1986 Ibanez Roadstar 650 II P/J. This bass sounds awesome with its super hot PUPs. To me it is more like an SB2 than a typical standard passive P with the ballsy stock PUPs. Controls are Volume/ Blend w/detent/ tone. This bass is SUPER LIGHT. I don't have a scale but I'm pretty sure it is under 8 and without a doubt under 8.5. Everything is in working order and the white has aged to a nice cream over the years. Strings are old DRs I believe so if you like zing you will need to replace them. Action is what I would consider low to low-middle with a small bit of buzz on the upper frets. A pro set up will have this thing perfect but it is great how it is too.

The bass has a good bit of wear around the edges and some buckle rash on the back but nothing out of the ordinary or egregious for a bass this old. Some one might call it mojo, Ill call it player wear. The bottom strap button has been moved and filled. Headstock has a little dingage on the top but it is slight. Overall, there is nothing on the bass the you will notice on stage or from more than a foot or two away while playing--the pictures tell the story.

I added the cream chickenheads for the retro look but I have the original knobs that I can throw in. I also believe I still have that weird V shape strap button that these came with somewhere which I can throw in.

Also, this bass will come in a very nice roadrunner gig bag that is in great condition but is missing the little backpack that came on the front of it I believe. I think these bags were upwards of 70$ (but I really cant find any like this one online) and it is in really nice condition ...but no lil sack.

220 + shipping from charleston sc.

[​IMG][/url] P1060892 by kellyrojo78, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url] P1060893 by kellyrojo78, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url] P1060896 by kellyrojo78, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url] P1060897 by kellyrojo78, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url] P1060899 by kellyrojo78, on Flickr[/IMG]

[​IMG][/url] P1060900 by kellyrojo78, on Flickr[/IMG]

Some thoughts on these from other owners:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/ibanez-rb650-roadstar-ii-bass-your-thoughts-294714/

What some have previously sold for (= or more expensive than mine w/o a case)>> http://www.google.com/cse?siteurl=w...earch#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=roadstar 650&gsc.page=1

2. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

3. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

4. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

price drop to the top

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. spufman

spufman

I had one - these are very nice and that's a good price... so bump.

7. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Thanks Spuffy---I dropped it again--if it doesnt get bought at this price I will be very surprised!

8. kzr750r1

kzr750r1 Supporting Member

9. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.