92 Ibanez SR950 question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lrentz, Jan 30, 2014.

1. lrentz

lrentz

I have the opportunity to purchase a 92 Ibanez SR950 for $350. I think it was made in japan from what I have read, I forgot to check that out when looking at it. The original from an old ibanez flyer http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=199&now=15 says it has accucast pickups. This one has emg pickups. Its in good condition with only normal wear and tear I would say nothing big. I have never owned an ibanez before. Does anyone have a SR950? What do you think about it. I am a beginning player so I do not know the ends and outs yet.

Thanks,

Lee

2. 6stringpanda

6stringpanda

If the neck and body are good go for it-I had one and it was an awesome bass -I only got rid of it because I only play extended range basses not, but I ma still an Ibanez man-

THe early 90s made in Japan stuff is great.

THe EMGs are not original if I am not mistaken, mine had ibanez pickups in it.

IF you can play the bass and the EMGs were installed right I would say go for it (doesnt hurt to try to get it for 300 either).

Many people on here do not like Ibanez-really a matter of opinion but I love them. I started out on Ibanez basses-owned around 100 different instruments over the last 25 years and now I find myself back playing with Ibanez. There new high end stuff is really aamzing.