1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

92 Ibanez SR950 question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lrentz, Jan 30, 2014.

1. lrentz

lrentz

I have the opportunity to purchase a 92 Ibanez SR950 for $350. I think it was made in japan from what I have read, I forgot to check that out when looking at it. The original from an old ibanez flyer http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=199&now=15 says it has accucast pickups. This one has emg pickups. Its in good condition with only normal wear and tear I would say nothing big. I have never owned an ibanez before. Does anyone have a SR950? What do you think about it. I am a beginning player so I do not know the ends and outs yet.

Thanks,

Lee
  2. 6stringpanda

6stringpanda

If the neck and body are good go for it-I had one and it was an awesome bass -I only got rid of it because I only play extended range basses not, but I ma still an Ibanez man-

THe early 90s made in Japan stuff is great.

THe EMGs are not original if I am not mistaken, mine had ibanez pickups in it.

IF you can play the bass and the EMGs were installed right I would say go for it (doesnt hurt to try to get it for 300 either).

Many people on here do not like Ibanez-really a matter of opinion but I love them. I started out on Ibanez basses-owned around 100 different instruments over the last 25 years and now I find myself back playing with Ibanez. There new high end stuff is really aamzing.