97 Streamer II, Truss Rod Help Please!

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by j.kernodle, Dec 10, 2012.

1. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

oh my god, I could spit right now.

changed strings on my Streamer stage II. noticed a little bow in the neck so, per the owners manual for a post -96 bass, I gave it a counter clockwise twist to take the relief out.

Hmm, that turned easy....

tighten strings back up, the bow is now worse. "okay, I thought, truss rods on these things can be a little wonky" so I turned it the other way, relief was back to where I started. Okay, lets go a little futher.... Won't budge....

MAXED out truss rod? I just got this bass used a couple of months ago, no mention of that.

So then think, okay, its a two way trussrod. I've heard sometimes you've gotta go the other way, maybe clockwise was right, maybe it'll tighten up again.... Nope, truss rod not comes right out of the bass. Now I can't get it threaded back on no matter what.

Meanwhile, I've got a useless SSII.

Help???!!!

2. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

fixed it. lubed up the threads a little, tightened nut down with strings off. truss rods got a little more life in it, but not much. good news is neck is dead straight for now.

3. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Just saw this oh man you must have been going crazy. I do believe you can get a truss rod with more threads or even add a few washers so it can give more back bow if needed. Glad to hear it worked out. An SS2 or any Warwick for that matter is worth fixing.

4. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

I would lower the Bridge just a tad to reduce the tension. Probably never have to worry about it again unless you move to higher tension strings.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

thanks all, yeah, the strings are already low enough that they're buzzing when I dig in, definitely don't have any room to go lower. the washer idea is one I know of from the Dan erlewine articles in the stew Mac catalog. I'll probably give that a shot if the need arises.

7. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted out, j.kernodle! Best of luck!