1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

98 Fender Standard Finish??

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by penguineman, Jan 15, 2014.

1. penguineman

penguineman

I picked up a 1998 Fender Standard Jazz sunburts last night and have tried to look on Fenders website to see what finish was used on it and I can't find it anywhere or I'm blind. was it nitro or ?? I was curious because I want to get it cleaned up and polished and I had read somewhere that certintypes of polish or cleaners would harm Nitro finishes I use Dunlops cleaners and polishes and I also have some fender wax or polish also and maybe a couple others but my primary is the Dunlop products. any ideas or info in this would be great. Thanks and hopefully this is the right section to post this question.
  2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

no, you wanted the setup and repair section; anyway, unless this is a USA vintage reissue, it's gonna have a poly finish that's immune to just about any cleaner or polish, so no worries.
  3. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

Most likely poly, if you can't put a dent in the finish with your thumbnail then it isn't nitro.