'98 Stingray 5H - great price

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by scowboy, Jan 18, 2014.

1. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

I'm sure I will hate myself next month for doing this this but here goes.

I'm going to try a Dingwall so to help fund that I'm putting my '98 Stingray 5H up for sale. This bass is nothing short of a fantastic playing example of what a Stingray 5H should be. I've been playing it steadily over the past few years but I'm ready to try something different. Nice figuring on the back of the neck. Except as noted below has normal player wear for a bass that is 16 years old.

The bad news is the back of the bass has a great deal of the colored poly coming off; the price reflects that. However there is a thick coat of sanding sealer or clear poly under the colored stuff and in no place is worn through.

I love this bass and have major reservations about selling it. It plays perfectly and aside from the finish, it has no issues. Also includes the Ernie Ball strap locks that fit on the stock strap buttons. I don't know the weight but it's probably the typical 10 or so pounds. Currently strung with Sadowsky Nickels, 125's with the tapered B string.

If you've ever wanted to know why people love these basses here is an excellent way to try and save yourself some cash. This bass would be worthy of every penny to refinish it if you so choose, that's been my plan all along.

$875 shipped in a beater tweed case. Paypal ok. Will ship quickly upon receipt of payment. I reserve the right to change my mind.

No trades.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. morguedoc71

morguedoc71 Supporting Member

I had a '91 Stingray 5 in honey burst with a wicked Birdseye maple neck. Sold it a couple of years back (after it being my main bass for the better part of over 20 years). There's not a day that goes by that I don't regret it. Wish I had the coin to help you out; fantastic bass and even better price. GLWS!

3. swing

swing

I have a black Stingray 5 from the same year - would never part with it.
    Bump for a great bass.

4. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    The SR5 is a fantastic bass, no matter the look of the paint!
    Yours has the nice birdseye neck, which is rare to find these days (without it being a Classic), so this is one killer price on a great bass.
    If I didn't have one already, I'd be all up on this!
    GLWTS

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. scowboy

7. scowboy

8. msperanza28

msperanza28 Supporting Member

9. scowboy

10. scowboy