1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

9V Lithium Batteries

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Geri O, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Geri O

Geri O

I tried an Eveready Advanced lithium battery in my Music Man Stingray with the pop-out battery holder. But the battery went in halfway and stuck. I had to disassemble the battery compartment to get the battery out. This particular battery was quite larger than regular 9V batteries, but I didn't catch that until it was jammed in the compartment.

Does anyone know of a lithium 9V battery that isn't oversize, so to save me some money buying them to check?...:oops:))

Thanx,
    Geri O

2. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club Gold Supporting Member

Portland OR, San Mateo, CA , Honolulu, HI
    Disclosures:
    I suck to badly to endorse anyone.
    I'm using those batteries on my Fenders' with the old fashioned style battery compartment, they're great... last forever, have a great stable shelf life. I too am interested in using them in my Stingray but now that I've read this I'm reluctant. I wish there was a simple replacement for the Stingray's battery compartment.. I know some like it but I find it cheap and plasticy..

3. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club Gold Supporting Member

Portland OR, San Mateo, CA , Honolulu, HI
    Disclosures:
    I suck to badly to endorse anyone.
    I'm using those batteries on my Fenders' with the old fashioned style battery compartment, they're great... last forever, have a great stable shelf life. I too am interested in using them in my Stingray but now that I've read this I'm reluctant. I wish there was a simple replacement for the Stingray's battery compartment.. I know some like it but I find it cheap and plasticy..