1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

A/B switch via Midi?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kmay, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Kmay

Kmay

Dec 18, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    So, I am wanting to run two sans amps in a rack. One clean and one for dirty.
    What I am wondering is:
    Is there a pedal that I can use for an A/B switcher to switch between them, but control it through midi? So I don't have to run two instrument cables from the pedal board to the rack?

2. Are you looking for something like this?
    ABCadabra

3. Kmay

Kmay

Dec 18, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Yes!
    Awesome!
    Thank you Soooo much. This just made my life easier! Lol!

4. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Aug 9, 2011
  5. Kmay

Kmay

Dec 18, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I don't think the rjm will work because I am not wanting to loop anything. I an not returning my signal, like a standard pedal. Just one input, but two outputs. Like a standard a/b box, but controlled via midi. The abcadbra seems to be perfect!

6. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Aug 9, 2011
    It'll do that too, you don't have to loop/return. And gives you more sends for a tuner/mute or whatever, like an A/B/C/D/E box. But that ABCabara thing looks very compact.

7. Kmay

Kmay

Dec 18, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Hmmmmm....well, I do have a couple other things....lol! Can always stand to have "more" options....
    A tech 21 midi mouse will run all of this stuff fine right?

8. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Aug 9, 2011
    yea, midi mouse no problem. And that's actually a killer feature of the mini effect gizmo, you can map the sends/returns. The ABCadabra has set PC/CC commands so you couldn't re-arrange them to scroll as easy as re-mapping would.

Check out their webpage, you can do lots of cool stuff and I think it's even 9v, pedal power.

9. Kmay

Kmay

Dec 18, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Awesome dude. Thanks a bunch! :)