1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

A/B switch with volume?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by lordradish, Dec 9, 2013.

1. lordradish

lordradish

Hey, all...

I'm soon going to be bringing two basses to my gigs, a fretted and a fretless. In the past, when I've used more than one at a gig, I've always had a bit of a volume mismatch between the two, with one being inevitably louder than the other.

Any suggestions about an A/B switch that could also have volume control? I know about the Boss LS-2, but I've read that it might color my tone or add a bit of noise.
  2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Tech21 VT Bass Deluxe!
  3. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Maybe use separate amp channels, or just add a volume pedal along with the switcher to your effects board.
  4. lordradish

lordradish

Only have one channel on the amp. I could always go with a volume pedal with an A/B box, I guess.
  5. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

I don't hear any noise or tone change with the LS-2, definietely nothing you'd notice at a gig anyway.

I only play active basses, so can't say how it works in case you play passive ones.
  6. cristian MM93

cristian MM93

7. BCBBottom

BCBBottom

8. lordradish

lordradish

9. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Cool...very useful and thoughtfully designed! Thanks for sharing this!