1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

A/B True Bypass Components for DIY Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by the explode man, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Hey everyone,

I'm working on a pedal that basically combines all of my pedals into a jumbo pedal. Like, instead of having all of the pedals separate, I'm going to rip the guts out of them and put them in a single enclosure.

I'm going to put a Line6 wireless unit in that starts the chain. However, given that these things can fail and that I'd also like to use a regular cable, I'd like to have an input on the outside of the box for such an occasion. Can someone point me to a supplier or some schematics for something like this?

Thanks!

(yes, I know about the dangers of GAS, etc. after assembling everything into one)

2. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    Disclosures:
    Dropping Acid Pedal Etching
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. This sort of thing could work, I just don't know what the implications are. Having an actual switch isn't something I'm too worried about. I could wire this on my own but I'm not sure if it would work as intended, or cause shorts or noise (I'm not so educated on electronics).