A Brit Abroad...

Discussion in 'Bass Central' started by Paddy, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Paddy

Paddy

Hey guys...

I'm coming to Orlando in late April for a conference. Was wondering whether there was any decent bass shops there and found you guys!!

Looks like I'll be popping in for a coffee and visit :cool:

Quick query - Whats the score with us Brits buying bass equipment and tax rules/exporting and that sort of thing?

Cheers
  2. Chriso21

Chriso21 Supporting Member

I believe bass central is in Florida
  3. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Orlando is in Florida....
  4. Paddy

Paddy

Bit disappointed not to hear anything back from Bass Central on this one really - but hey ho... Maybe they don't need the business ;)
  5. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Hi Paddy,

I'm sure they would love to meet you and do some business with you - not sure why no response as of yet. I'll echo other persons sentiments by saying I had a very positive experience there, went just to poke around a bit and came out with some of Mr. Felton's DVD's. I look forward to going back.

Although my experience shipping overseas is limited (and somewhat dated) take my comments as opinion only until validated as fact. I think you would have to pay sales tax if you walk out of the store with the bass - then you would have to declare it upon return to the UK. If you had them ship it there direct you will most likely avoid the sales tax but have to pay for shipping and any duties when you went to pick it up from wherever they shipped it to.

It would have to travel via US Postal Service - I don't have a clue what the cost would be. I do know that insurance liability is very limited. The amount you spend on a bass will play a large part in all of this math.

Anyway, have a safe trip and enjoy Bass Central!

Raz