1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

a certain thumb...

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by joebar, Feb 10, 2013.

1. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    does anyone happen to have aLTD 2007 thumb flaming blonde?
    if so, how does it sound vs a traditional one; has the jazzman PU layout and the exotic woods...
    curious
    and of course...
    anyone have one they would donate for paper currency...?:bag:

2. TechJunky

TechJunky Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Southeast TX
    I had one a little over a year ago. Absolutely loved it. One of the best sounding basses I've ever owned. To me, it doesn't sound like a traditional thumb much at all. I think the pickup placement is the main reason. To me, it sounded (unsurprisingly) very similar to a streamer or fna Jazzman. Of course, the woods change it a little bit, but I'm speaking more in terms of a general tone. It is, however, the best looking thumb they've produced I think.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    would anybody believe me if i told them i found and bought a brand new NOS 2007 flaming blond 5 string LTD with all the goodies?
    it arrives on friday

5. sumgruuvz

sumgruuvz Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Woodward, Oklahoma
    theres one for sale in guitar center used. $1500

6. brotherbassj

brotherbassj Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Disclosures:
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Joebar. Did ya get it outta Cali? I know a small shop that had a NOS

7. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    got it at warwick depot in dallas
    at a killer price too...
    i am just stoked; i hope it still sounds like a thumb in spite of the different wood and different PU's

8. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Nice! congratulations on the acquisition! Definitely be sure to keep us posted, and share some photos of your new Thumb bass!

9. TechJunky

TechJunky Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Southeast TX
    Here's a quick video I made when I still had my Flamin Blonde where I ran through a lot of the tonal options of the bass. I believe the preamp was just set flat throughout, and I just changed the pickups, but it will at least give you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKdFf2KTlm4

10. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    thx tech-
    sounds pretty good
    it looks like these are rare birds; yours is the only one that seems to have popped up on here for sale.