1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

a certain thumb...

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by joebar, Feb 10, 2013.

1. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

does anyone happen to have aLTD 2007 thumb flaming blonde?
    if so, how does it sound vs a traditional one; has the jazzman PU layout and the exotic woods...
    curious
    and of course...
    anyone have one they would donate for paper currency...?:bag:
  2. TechJunky

TechJunky Supporting Member

I had one a little over a year ago. Absolutely loved it. One of the best sounding basses I've ever owned. To me, it doesn't sound like a traditional thumb much at all. I think the pickup placement is the main reason. To me, it sounded (unsurprisingly) very similar to a streamer or fna Jazzman. Of course, the woods change it a little bit, but I'm speaking more in terms of a general tone. It is, however, the best looking thumb they've produced I think.
  3. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

would anybody believe me if i told them i found and bought a brand new NOS 2007 flaming blond 5 string LTD with all the goodies?
    it arrives on friday
  4. sumgruuvz

sumgruuvz

theres one for sale in guitar center used. $1500
  5. brotherbassj

brotherbassj Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Joebar. Did ya get it outta Cali? I know a small shop that had a NOS
  6. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

got it at warwick depot in dallas
    at a killer price too...
    i am just stoked; i hope it still sounds like a thumb in spite of the different wood and different PU's
  7. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Nice! congratulations on the acquisition! Definitely be sure to keep us posted, and share some photos of your new Thumb bass!
  8. TechJunky

TechJunky Supporting Member

Here's a quick video I made when I still had my Flamin Blonde where I ran through a lot of the tonal options of the bass. I believe the preamp was just set flat throughout, and I just changed the pickups, but it will at least give you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKdFf2KTlm4
  9. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

thx tech-
    sounds pretty good
    it looks like these are rare birds; yours is the only one that seems to have popped up on here for sale.