1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

A good deal or not?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AndyII, Mar 25, 2014.

1. AndyII

AndyII

Mar 13, 2014
    Weiden
    Good evening all,

So I have the opportunity to buy a Squire Affinity P Bass (circa 2010), a soft case, and a Fender Rumble Amp (15W); all for $200. Condition seems to be lightly used, perfectly functional. This seems reasonable to me, but I am far from knowledgeable here.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Andy

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Price quotes are for supporting members, so no direct numbers can be mentioned. That said, assuming you are actually in Germany, I would think that to be a pretty good deal. That is a bit over priced over here, but I understand prices are generally higher in Europe. I could be wrong on that last point.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. AndyII

AndyII

Mar 13, 2014
    Weiden
    Excellent. Thanks. I'm in Germany--prices here are significantly higher. I'm headed to try everything out tomorrow, so I'll make a call then.

Thanks!

5. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    +1 you are correct.

6. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    The guy's selling an Affinity starter kit. I imagine most Fender retailers in Germany have this in stock, so you can check what the price is brand new that way. For the record, a used Affinity in the US often sells for less than $100.