A great buy if you are looking for a music stand..

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Sav'nBass, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Musician's Gear Deluxe Conductor Music Stand $13 @ GC
    I don't know how long this will be available.. but at $13 it is a no brainer.. I have a stand that I use now that is one of those folding ones.. like this one only a bit sturdier and in black that I got from a pawn shop for $10 .. that stand is great to take on a gig because it is small and easily fits in my gig bag and is very sturdy (the one I have is NOT the one I just showed.. it looks like it but it is much sturdier) but for home the one up top is great.. If you order it and have it shipped to the store for pickup there is no shipping.. I was just in GC last week pricing a start up bass kit for my 7 year old granddaughter.. and saw the same stand going for $30 in the store..

2. Rob22315

Rob22315

Thanks for posting, I bought two.

3. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

How does it handle a windy outside gig? Those are the worst, where the charts are rockin' back and forth and finally keel over in a crash.

4. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

I don't know.. I don't know if I would travel with this because the table does not fold. but I picked it up today and it is a very nice stand! For $13 it cannot be beat. I imagine having it tip over would not be a problem though because the feet can be adjusted... If it got windy enough to tip it over I think there might be bigger problems..

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Rob22315

Rob22315

The width of the legs is adjustable as is the height. I suppose you could lower it, make the legs wide, and point the top edge-wise into the wind. But its still a metal sail on top of a small post.