1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

A Little Roscoe Fun

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Jan 22, 2013.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I'll just leave this here. :hyper:

"New Roscoe Orders"

This is the result of my trip to the Roscoe shop yesterday and a few minutes of exploring the features of my new video editing software. Give me a couple/few days and I'll have a lot more detailed info to share!

(Sorry for the shaky cam! :help: I'm sure that Gard is getting me a dolly for next time as we speak. :rolleyes::D)
  2. JOME77

JOME77

lol

I love it! Great job Greg! You totally go way beyond any other dealer in every area!:)

Your passion for what you do definitely shows!

Those are all going to be some killer Roscoe's but I've got to say that that last piece of Redwood is awesome! And of course the buckeye burl piece is totally over the top too! :hyper:
  3. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Wait until he starts posting all the tops that are now on reserve after his visit yesterday....

:eek:

:ninja:
  4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Supporting Member

Maybe there will be something that interests my wife for a top for my upcoming fretless order in his reserved stuff..........She informed me that she has final say on this one.
  5. JOME77

JOME77

Man! I wish my wife enjoyed picking out tops for new Roscoe's!

You're a lucky man Ryan!:)
  6. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Nice Greg, but even as a Cape Codder, I felt sea sick watching the video (just messin').

:spit:

Seriously, I like what you are doing and as a customer, appreciate the effort and the fact that you had to spend time with Gard!
  7. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    ...at least he didn't have to spend time with Pete...

:D

And, I even bought him a BL and didn't harass him for it...least I could do, considering he was placing orders!

:ninja:
  8. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I basically emptied my "Reserve" pile of wood. Some of those tops had been in the pile for a couple years, so I figured I'd jump on them if nobody else would. :D Of course, then I filled the pile right back up with new tops that the world has yet to see...

So between actual bass orders and new tops, I've got 20+ things I need to get updated on my website. There goes my Wednesday! LOL. :D
  9. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    Get to work, Bump!!!!
  10. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

For sure. I have bought 4 Roscoe's thru Greg - from a basic used to 2 custom builds to a new in stock. Same great service and advice every time.

That reminds me...I need to get a check in the mail this week.
  11. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Oh, man, Steve. While I was at the shop, I saw a bass that was fully finished and made from a top similar to your Koa top. It looked gooo-oood!

No rush on my end on the cash-ola.
  12. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

I thought you were gonna say my bass was full finished!! I am anxious to see a "routed for electronics and one coat of oil" pic.

I know there's no rush, but I'll have $1,000 from a couple unexpected gigs/sessions laying around by Friday so I want to send it off before I buy a new computer with it or something foolish. I hope to maybe have this paid for before it's finished.

Now back to the thread...
  13. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    You mean this one:

[​IMG]

:D

It's not a "similar" top, it's the very same woods! Same billets went into each of them.

:hyper:
  14. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Make it an ash body and CB's and that's my bass...
  15. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Woof. I thought I was going to have to say goodbye to Thursday, too, but I've just managed to sneak the new order listings in under the wire today. There are a couple minor pricing questions that I need to work out with Gard, but everything should be pretty close to correct.

Now is probably a good time to review Roscoe's pricing policy. On the custom models dealers have to advertise at least 80% of Retail, but they can sell as low as 75% of Retail. So you'll see an automatic discount apply whenever you add a custom model to our site's shopping cart. On the Standard and Standard Plus models, however, the price is the price; there is no discount applied when Standards are added to the shopping cart. Over the phone, in person, via email, etc.: these same price rules apply (75% of Retail on customs, and the price is the price on Standards).

My plan is to have these basses arrive one per month, so this is really a year's worth of orders. I'll also place additional special orders for customers during this time, and I may even order more basses if the economy starts taking off (am I holding my breath? NO!! :D). Gard says the basses can start rolling in around May or June at the earliest.

With all that said... let's look at some wood pics, shall we?!? In no particular order:

Roscoe Century Standard Plus 5 FL (SQM) **SOLD**
    [​IMG]

Roscoe Century Standard Plus 5 (Bubinga)
    [​IMG]

Roscoe Century-3005 (XQM, Coco)
    [​IMG]
  16. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
  17. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
  18. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Really nice bunch of tops AND specs. I like that there are a couple "Haslip" models in there including the LG that is pretty much a replica of his famous model except 5 string and right handed to appeal to the masses a bit more. Smart!
  19. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    You get me, Jeff! :D

I still have to pinch myself thinking back to that weekend last summer when Jimmy spent so much time with all of us Roscoeheads who were fortunate enough to make it in for the event. I fell in love with his bass and his tone, and I still get excited thinking about ordering basses as similar to his as is practical.
  20. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music