1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

A long way from home but worth the effort! (Sadowsky content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by daveo119, Feb 5, 2013.

1. daveo119

daveo119

hey guys :)

I haven't been on here for a good while but I felt the itch to show off a little haha.

I was lucky enough to find myself in NYC last year. An intimidating prospect for a 20 year old who still lives at home in a small city in Australia, had never been overseas and was travelling alone!

Anyway, that's for another forum!

After a 20 minute subway trip, getting lost about 5 times, striking up a conversation with a friendly fellow in a subway station and a phone call to my destination to find out where I actually needed to go I finally found myself at the Sadowsky shop :hyper:

I've had my Sadowsky Metro p/j for a little over 3 years now and I can honestly say I've never even looked at another bass with desire (wish I could say the same thing about women, eh)....I'm keeping this thing forever!

I walked into the shop and had a look around, asked if Roger was about (like the star-struck kid I was) and was lucky enough to meet him and have a little chat, which was lovely! Couldn't ask to meet a nicer bloke!

Thumbs up for an awesome bass from a good guy :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

Very cool, did you get to try out any other models and compare them to your PJ?

3. daveo119

daveo119

Sure did!..I tried the jazz on the bottom left and a couple of others. All of them were very slick, almost play themselves. But then every Sadowsky I have played has been that way. I tried out a couple of guitars too which were also very nice. I might've bought one if I didn't have to cart it around the states for the next couple of months after that haha!

In saying that I wouldn't swap my p/j. I find it's really versatile and it has a smooth j-style neck which I like.

4. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Way to go Daveo! I don't mind admitting to a bit of jealousy here,traveling the world AND owning a Sadowsky at your age..You lucky dog!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. daveo119

daveo119

Thanks mate

I work hard and save harder haha! But I'm the luckiest guy I know, I'm thankful for it everyday :)

7. Zoomie

Zoomie Supporting Member

Very cool story. Always nice to meet those in the industry that we look up to.

Enjoy your stay!

8. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Too cool. I also have a PJ hybrid which I doubt ill ever sell. And that's saying alot for me!

9. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

Nice! I too visited the shop last year and I too got lost on the way. By the time I reached the shop I only had about twenty minutes before they closed up (not a whole lot of time to try out all of the basses I'd have liked to). Roger was there and was totally laid back. Told me I was free to try out anything I'd like through any of the amps they had on the floor. And then he left me alone. No hovering about trying to sell me anything. It was exactly the kind of experience I wish could be had in every music store. I highly recommend the experience to anyone who finds themselves in NYC!