1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

A mixed Cabinet Question - with a twist

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Quaff1, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Quaff1

Quaff1 Supporting Member

Hi all - just picked up a PF800 and paired it with a PF115HE to make a killer portable and expandable combo. I know this is a lot of amp for the cab but I have to say I love the sound I am getting. Well rounded but with a little grit when you need it. I haven't had a chance to gig it yet but with drums and a 1/2 stack Marshall I haven't had to go above 12 o'clock and it is plenty loud.

The plan is/was to grab another PF115HE to cover louder needs - however, I tried a borrowed SVT 15E (pic below) and I have to say I was BLOWN away - loud, deep, defined - just killer.

So now I am not sure what to do. I know its best in theory to have a matching cabinet - but I am thinking the deeper lows and port on the SVT 15 paired with the tighter, punchier, non-ported 115 HE with horn is the way to go.

So now I am considering the PF 115 LF - which seems to line up similarly with the SVT 15 - ported, no horn etc. Plus, its in the Portaflex line

Do you guys think this will work OK? Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!
    Jason

[​IMG]