A New Fan

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by Dr. Cheese, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

Adam, I would just like to say hi. I have know about you for a long time, but I admit that it was not until I saw some of your clinic for Bass Day that I really paid attention to you. I just downloaded your CD, Liminal, today, and I love it! You have a classic fusion/smooth Jazz vibe (to me, smooth jazz means r&b influenced improvisational music, not watered down muzak) and I guy from my generation can really appreciate what you do.

What do you think the odds are of Ibanez producing a Soundgear with dimensions of your custom bass? I know I could only do about a 1/10 of what you could on that bass, but it would be wonderful to have an Ibanez with your specs!:bassist:

2. adamnitti

adamnitti

welcome, dr. cheese!

thank you so much for your kind words and for checking out 'liminal'. i'm thrilled that you are enjoying that album, and i appreciate you listening!

as for your question about the possible release of a bass with my specs, i can tell you that i'm bugging them about it regularly :D seriously though, i've actually been surprised by the amount of interest that my bass has generated at my clinics so far, and the goal would be to ultimately release a signature model with those same specs. what i ask people to do if they are interested is let ibanez know that they'd consider purchasing a bass like mine if it were made available. that is really the deciding factor. if we can justify doing a signature bass with the knowledge that it will actually sell, then it makes sense. so if you want to, you can help me out by letting ibanez know! :)

thanks again for your post, and welcome to the forum-

adam

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

I will send Ibanez an e-mail. If your Sig can be made on two versions like Gary Willis basses, I would interested.

I also think I may contract with you for some online lessons. I need a boost for my playing really badly!

4. bottomzone

bottomzone

I'm a old fan, but still no less excited about what you contribute to the bass playing bretheren! I have all of your CD's, including Adam Nitti & Liquid Blue (not cheap to come by I might add!). When is your new instructional DVD going to be released? Is there a new CD in the works?

Thanks, Adam, for being a source of inspiration and a reason to stay in the wood shed!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. adamnitti

adamnitti

that is exactly my thought; i really would like to do 2 versions if we do a signature- the 'highline' version, and one that is more affordable that still plays and sounds awesome.

7. adamnitti

adamnitti

bottomzone, i really really appreciate your support! also, your patience is to be commended... :) see my post regarding the video stuff here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f214/...nt-regarding-dvd-instructional-videos-857269/

once i get through the woods with all of this video stuff, my plan is to release my next album. lots of work to do! :D

8. evilfly

evilfly

I don't believe it is doable to reach guys from Ibanez menagement for usual people like me. The only email addresses we have it is something like support@ibanez.com or info@ibanez.com or even emails of regional dealers. And I guess those guys will treat it just like a spam. Maybe more effective idea is to organize some poll, here on TB or maybe any other players resource, so any registered user can vote. And then send its results to Ibanez...

9. adamnitti

adamnitti

evilfly, i have forwarded this thread to my ibanez reps to keep them aware of people's interest. also, i think a poll is a great idea! maybe i'll post one of those, as well... thanks again for your feedback!

10. evilfly

evilfly

Adam, among others features 18 mm spacing makes your bass unique. There is no any other 6 stringer Ibanez model in production like that. I own 3 Ibanez basses and 2 of them are BTBs 5. I bought the first one due to 19 mm string-spacing. A couple of years later I was going to buy 6 stringer. I like SRs, but there is no choice. 16.5 mm for SRs or 17 mm for BTBs.. not too much. So again, I bought another BTB 5 :), this time it was prestige series 1305. Saying that I mean, if one day this bass go to market I will buy it. If there is some right place to vote or rise a voice for this bass please let people know here or via your email list. I believe many of us worldwide are interesting.

11. adamnitti

adamnitti

thanks again, evilfly! i will pass this along!!!