A Question About the Squier VM Bass VI or Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by backtobass, Jan 8, 2014.

1. backtobass

backtobass Supporting Member

So like everyone else who probably has one of these, I don't NEED one, but I can't stop thinking about getting one. I'm trying to find out something though.

Does anyone use these tuned a half step down? And has anyone put an extender tuning key on one (ie Drop D)? If you did, which one did you put on?

I'm really GASsing for one of these, but I want to be sure its something I'd actually use with my band.

Thanks for any input.
  2. Vintagefiend

Vintagefiend I don't care for 410 cabinets at all.

I use my Pawnshop VI down to Eb, I have LaBella DTFs .95 gauge on there, and the low E is a little floppy, may need to bump it up to a .98 or 100.

but it's got monster bass tone through my SVT-VR>810
  3. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Anyway get the pawnshop bass vi fast, I heard from my distributor they are no longer being made and also get a confimation from fender rep tht mentions that the pawn shop series line is only in their catalogue for a year period. Forgive me for my sentence, typing using phone
  4. backtobass

backtobass Supporting Member

I know of two pawn shops available right now. One at Sweetwater. The other is a Sunburst at Chuck Levins in Wheaton Maryland.

That's a good idea, to just go up on the gauges. Do you guys know of an extender that fits? Maybe I will take a pic of the back of the headstock and send it to Hipshot.
  5. Register to disable this ad