1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

A question for hardcore Yes fans

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by N.F.A., Jan 16, 2013.

1. N.F.A.

N.F.A. Supporting Member

Over the years I have listened to Yes' guitar solo on "Wurm" hundreds of times. The guitar solo is stunning , but it fades out while Steve Howe is still tearing it up.

Does anyone know if the rest of that solo exists somewhere on a bootleg or something? I'd sure love to hear the rest of it.

2. N.F.A.

N.F.A. Supporting Member

3. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Don't know the answer to that question, but it raises a similar question: From the same album as "Wurm", there's an odd little ditty called "A Venture" that's very piano-heavy...and yet just as the tune's final fadeout disappears into silence you can hear Steve Howe launch into an amazing over-the-top guitar solo, all super-distorted sixteenth-note triplets like some crazed Robert Fripp-meets-Allan Holdsworth megachops shredfest! Where's the bootleg that contains the rest of that solo?!?!

4. micgtr71

micgtr71

Both of those would be things things that I would buy in a heartbeat. Who knows, maybe he hit a flub note that caused them to fade it early...time constraints...maybe there isn't any more.

For years I was hoping that they would show up on one of Steve Howe's homebrew albums.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. N.F.A.

N.F.A. Supporting Member

Do either of you guys know of any Yes forums. I'll do a search for one. Maybe someone there has the answer.

7. secretsound5

secretsound5

8. SolarMan

SolarMan Supporting Member

I don't know - when you listen to a live performance of Wurm, this is their chance to show the "extra" - which they don't do.

I think it is a great technique to leave the listener wanting more.

9. N.F.A.

N.F.A. Supporting Member

10. N.F.A.

N.F.A. Supporting Member

Went back and listened to this. You are so right! He is shredding. Arrrgh! Another one to try and find.

11. Rickengeezer

Rickengeezer

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steve Clayton Accessories
    I was also always curious about what the rest of the South Side of the Sky solo sounded like. Agree on the Venture solo as well. Supposedly they are going to play A Venture live for the first time on their upcoming tour, that might give some clues.

12. N.F.A.

N.F.A. Supporting Member

Enjoy the show! The closest they're coming to my city is 2 hours away. No complaints though. I saw them for free 2 years ago and walked the mile to where they played from my house. They were very still very good.

13. thorski

thorski

Yesfans.com is a good forum