A Quick Bass Line

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Nick Dilley, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Nick Dilley

Nick Dilley

Hey Guys,

Here's a little snippet of a bass line from my upcoming 2nd album project. I'd love some feedback (even though it is a super short clip).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Like the tone! What bass, strings, recording chain?

3. Nick Dilley

Nick Dilley

Hey smeet,

Thanks for listening! I'm kind of a minimalist when it comes to recording, so what you hear is just my bass recorded direct, with extensive noodling on the eq and overdrive effect (which I can simulate pretty darn close in a live context). I play an Ibanez Soundgear 6-string with Bartolini pickups. It has a pretty versatile EQ, so I rarely feel the need to go beyond EQ and a touch of OD. If you like that tone, you might like the bass sound on my song, "Wish Away" (also on Soundcloud). Not trying to shamelessly promote or anything, but I'd be curious to hear if you like that sound as well. It's similar but a little different.

I'm kind of hesitant to mention my bass around TB, because Ibanez doesn't seem all that popular around here. I think that the brand itself is one of the best in rock/metal--the action is great for bass-shredding, and the tone is perfect. Even the dirt-cheap ones sound great in a rock/punk/metal context.

Anyway, I appreciate the listen, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! :hyper:
    Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014