1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

A request, your top 5 bass builds here on TB

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by younggun, Jan 7, 2013.

1. younggun

younggun Supporting Member

I've been looking at the LC pages here for the last few months and slowly collecting information and ideas for my first bass build. There's a lot of it here, and its sometimes its hard to wade through it all and find "the best" information. The FAQ and stickies sections, though it has some great stuff, has quite a few broken links now and isn't all that comprehensive. I hate to say it, but I didn't find it all that helpful, but maybe that's because I already have a bit of woodworking knowledge and much of the stickies are dedicated to that.
    The threads I find most helpful are the ones that go step by step through a build, showing the conception and process of creation in detail. This thread is a perfect example:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f57/5-string-fanned-hybrid-headless-898958/

I know that quite a few of you have been here for some time and I often see a post talking about "so and so's build threads are so good, etc.."
    Not that I'm trying to be lazy, but wisdom is also learning from the experience of others :) and I really want to do my homework before starting a build this year. So, this a request for your "best build" threads. By "best", I don't necessarily mean your favorite bass, but instead would like to see threads that folks think represent a highly detailed, comprehensive, and informative example of a build from start to finish. (and "top 5" is just a suggestion ;) )

Thanks!
  2. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
  3. Macrocosmcwh

Macrocosmcwh Gold Supporting Member

4. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

Storm King I

Big_B's 5-string fretless mad scientist build
  5. Macrocosmcwh

Macrocosmcwh Gold Supporting Member

+1 ON Big_B's fretless! WOW.... So cool!!!!!
  6. Reticle

Reticle

Impossible to pick favorites, but three builders that I've always been repeatedly impressed with are...

(Listed alphabetically, of course)

LedBelli Bass

Musiclogic

Simo
  7. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

This is one of my favorite builds. Oscars work is second to none, probably the most impressive builder on TB.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f57/new-prat-7-string-743363/

[​IMG]

Also anything from JohnK_10 will be top notch work, as well as BigB and Musiclogic. There are many I am leaving out, but its to hard to keep up with all of them.