A second bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SlapPopBass, Jan 24, 2013.

1. SlapPopBass

SlapPopBass

I currently have a Cort Action bass, and thought it was about time I get a second bass. My budget is not that high (say like 400$) I was thinking of getting a Squier Precision, is it a good bass? Or should I aim for something else? I tend to play jazz, funk and a little rock.

2. Yakob

Yakob

You could probably scare up a decent MIM or MIJ for 400.

3. Buskman

Buskman

The Classic Vibe line by Squier is great (on par if not better than MIM Fenders quality-wise, IMHO).

Good luck & enjoy the search! :)

4. eccles77

eccles77

With the style of music that you play, a Jazz of some description may be a better bet.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MD

MD

^^^
    And fretless.

7. troy mcclure

troy mcclure Supporting Member

You can a really nice bass for $400 used. If you like Fender's there is a Deluxe Active in the classifieds for $375 and they are really nice for the money.

8. molsonator

molsonator

do you have a guitar store in your area? for 400.00 as posted above you should be able to find a nice used bass or a decent entry level bass. I would suggest you goto your local music store and play a few brands, see what you like and then look for what you feel is fitting for you. Also check out websites for some of the bigger guitar centers and read some reviews on the brand and model you Think fits your feel and style. Squire does make some nice gear but be aware that you get what you pay for (i.e. some models superior to others). Hence the research and hands on!! :) Hope that helps and enjoy!!! Disappointing to buys something nd not like it later

9. JYBass

JYBass

You could look for a used Warmoth custom bass. Just search out there and you could probably find a bass of any spec you like. They are always fantastic basses, but have terrible resale value, so you can get them pretty cheap.

10. phillybass101

phillybass101

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars, Tecamp Bass Players Gear
    Since you slap I would recommend getting a bass with a P/J config as you also mentioned getting a P.