A very long shot...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Evil Undead, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Can anyone help my identify the strings on my short scale jaguar?

I'm trying to establish whether or not they are the stock strings, which according to the fender website they are Fender NPS rounds 40-95. Could have been changed by the shop before displaying, not sure.

I really like them but only the E string is dead. If they were all dead, that would be great, but as it is, just sounds odd.

So they are definitely lighter gauge than the 45-105 elixirs that are on my Ibanez.
    But they don't feel as light as the 40-95 d'addarios on my Warwick.
    Could be 100's I guess? How can I tell without a caliper?
    Definitely short scale strings
    Definitely nickel plated steel rounds
    No silks
    Ball ends are all brass

Unlikely to be DR, labella, ghs, as those brands aren't that common here, not impossible. We usually get d'addarios (which have coloured ends), Rotos or Ernie balls, never seen short scale strings from those though.

I know it's a long shot but worth a try,

Thanks
  2. FourBanger

FourBanger

It is doubtful a shop would change out the strings before selling, especially on a sub $200 instrument.

Some string brands feel a little tighter or looser than others so despite the feel difference to the D'Addario .095 it could be the Fender .095 on there.
  3. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Thanks Fourbanger. I wondered that. I remember reading that d'addario makes fender strings but still, could be anyway.
  4. FourBanger

FourBanger

D'Addario may be the guys behind Fender strings nowadays but that does not mean they use the same bits and pieces as their own, it just means they make them.
  5. Register to disable this ad