1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

A wall of white Ampeg SVT's

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by SactoBass, Jan 1, 2014.

1. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass Supporting Member

Five on the left, and five on the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1Ktg-hTElM

Even if it's just for show, I would love having that as my rig (as long as I didn't have to move it)! Very classy looking!

And of course, Conrad Korsch rockin the USA Lakland 44-60 (Joe Osborn) bass in sonic blue sounds great as well. Awesome bass tone!
  2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass Supporting Member

Very cool! And it's a nice surprise to have the bass so audible in a YouTube live vid.... fantastic playing.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Yeah, there was a time you could get Ampeg to do custom stuff like that. They keep threatening to set up a department to do one-off stuff like that again, but they're still working on how best to implement it.
  4. SactoBass

+1 :bassist:
  5. SactoBass

Interesting. I seem to recall many years ago when a person could order an SVT rig in white.
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Ya, I believe Phil (canshaker) who used to play bass in Filter had a white SVT rig before he defected ;) That stuff was done by a custom shop in St. Louis that Ampeg would hire out. Now that they're near Seattle, I don't know if they have a resource like that.

But if someone in Seattle does have a resource like that, let them know and make a bid!
  7. Clouz

Clouz The Ayatollah of Jack and Cola Supporting Member

all i saw were 1000's of milfs:D
  8. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I love it when people trot out that ENGL amps ad ;)
  10. Grissle

Grissle Supporting Member

That is simply lovely!
  11. SactoBass

It sure is!
  12. Mark Nye

Mark Nye

A dear friend was in a touring act in the 70s, 80s, and 90s (that shall remain nameless). They took it a step further. They had actual Marshall cabs that had been gutted (backs removed), and they put hinges in between them with corresponding latches on the opposite sides. Come tear-down time, the empty Marshall "clam shells" served as road cases for amps, drums, etc.

The flat back SVTs were real, though. ;)
  13. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Years ago Angela Instruments used to sell used empty Marshall 412 cabs. The cost was low enough that the cabs were worth buying and loading with speakers. I'm sure that Marshall still sells them that way if you want them but there are less expensive alternatives available these days.