1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ableton Live vs Cubase LE

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Bassman7PM, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Bassman7PM

Bassman7PM

I'm relatively new to home recording and still working on building my system. I recently purchased an Alesis Q49 keyboard and it came equipped with the Ableton Software. Likewise I went and bought the Alesis IO2 Audio Interface and it came equipped with Cubase LE. My needs are simple right now just want be able to do a demo and create song ideas. My PC is an old Dell Dimension (Slow but it works). I'm also using Audacity, FL Studio and a few drum programs.

So my question is which would best suit my needs or are we talking apples and oranges comparing the Ableton and Cubase software packages?