1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

About to install bridge and neck pickup covers, but previous owner ****ed it up.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by benlauziere, Dec 6, 2012.

1. benlauziere

benlauziere

Hello guys,

I'm a bit disapointed by my buy... I bought a American Standard Precision Bass 1996 about 1 year and a half. Very happy with it but... the previous owner installed a bridge jazz pickup but so close to the bridge it's almost on it !!! It didn't bother me until I wanted to install a bridge cover... let me show you the problem

$T2eC16d,!wsE9suwywYHBQgUgpv75g~~48_20.JPG

the screws are sticked to the bridge... :( The problem is that it will not fit cauz the pickup is 84 mm wide...
    So I was wondering if a jazz bass bridge cover would be cool with a p bass neck cover ? Any advices ?
  2. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Disclosures:
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    I'd take that J pickup out of there, then add your P-bass cover. If the hole bothers you, cover it with a piece of foam (like a faux mute).

That pickup can't be anything but high end noise being that close to the bridge. To me it would be useless. Get rid of it.
  3. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

Use a jazz bass bridge cover. Problem solved
  4. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Don't put a J cover on a P. I'm pretty sure it's written somewhere in the TB bylaws.
  5. benlauziere

benlauziere

That's what I thought first. But I was wondering, if I just let the hole there, won't the humidity enter in it and scrap the wood ?
  6. PBnJBassist

PBnJBassist

A good handful of people have done it. I've done it also and it looks quite good - especially with a genuine Fender J-cover just for the "F" on it. Did it on an old refinished 50s Classic and I got nothing but compliments on how pretty she looked. :D Granted... it limits where you can play almost too much.

[​IMG]
  7. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

:p

Right under the decal addendum.