About your fretboard flashcards

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington' started by AcridSaint, Oct 31, 2012.

1. AcridSaint

AcridSaint ベーシスト Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I don't play well.
    Hey Ant,

I read on here that you use flash cards to learn your fretboard better. I took a queue from this and started making some last night.

I am also trying to improve site reading, so I made the front of each card a bass clef staff with the note written twice, once on the space and once on the line. On the back I put the note letter, the total number of that note on my fretboard and then wrote out a tab with all of the positions.

I was just wondering if you do this also, if you think it's too much to cover on one card, or if you have any other comments :)
  2. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Hey AcridSaint,

A curriculum has to be designed and or modified for every single student. I have no control over how much information a student can process. But I can design the curriculum to fit how much info a student can process.

I don't usually address learning the notes on the bass with notes on the staff. I think of those as different disciplines. But I would base whether I put the notes on the bass and notes on the staff on an individual student basis.

We can't all process learning the notes in the the same way.

peace,
    anthony
  3. AcridSaint

AcridSaint ベーシスト Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I don't play well.
    Hey Ant, thanks for the reply. So far they are going well for me with the staff, but I figure if I have any trouble I can always make different ones :)

Thanks,
    Cap