1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

About your Pedulla.

Discussion in 'Ask Doug Johns' started by simper66, Oct 6, 2011.

1. simper66

simper66

Hi Doug!

I write from Spain so sorry my poor english. First of all congratulations for your work. You are a great inspiration for many of us.

Well, i think i have a MVP over 1988-1989 S.N 20XX. Is it near yours?

I get it with an EMGs instead of Bartolini and with the original PREAMP. The bass had a GREAT GROWL. I change the preamp with a OBP3 and I think it has lost a bit of growl. It doesn´t roars as before.

Did you change your preamp or conserve the original? Do you advise me to put the old one again.

I used it in passive mode and had a great growl. The active mode had only a master volume and a red light. Now, when i put it in passive, bypassing the OBP3, it doesn´t sound as before.

Anyway thanks and nice to talk you.
  2. Doug Johns

Doug Johns

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla, Genz Benz, Pigtronix, DR Strings, Dunlop
    Hello, simper66,

My Buzz Bass is a 1986, so the S.N. is not close to yours.

My bass has a Bartolini TMB preamp. It's an older one, nothing too special.

I like Bartolini products a lot. I believe Bartolini and Pedulla together make that great growl. Maybe you can try that?

Thank you for the compliment!

Doug Johns
  3. simper66

simper66

Lot´s of thanks doug.

I think i will return to the older one or will buy a new TMB.
  4. sprocket123

sprocket123

Your videos in Pedulla website are cool man , I also happen to have a great Hexabuzz / 19mm , 5A Maple bass , it s unreal that bass buddy