1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

About your Pedulla.

Discussion in 'Ask Doug Johns' started by simper66, Oct 6, 2011.

1. simper66

simper66

Hi Doug!

I write from Spain so sorry my poor english. First of all congratulations for your work. You are a great inspiration for many of us.

Well, i think i have a MVP over 1988-1989 S.N 20XX. Is it near yours?

I get it with an EMGs instead of Bartolini and with the original PREAMP. The bass had a GREAT GROWL. I change the preamp with a OBP3 and I think it has lost a bit of growl. It doesn´t roars as before.

Did you change your preamp or conserve the original? Do you advise me to put the old one again.

I used it in passive mode and had a great growl. The active mode had only a master volume and a red light. Now, when i put it in passive, bypassing the OBP3, it doesn´t sound as before.

Anyway thanks and nice to talk you.

2. Doug Johns

Doug Johns

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla, Genz Benz, Pigtronix, DR Strings, Dunlop
    Hello, simper66,

My Buzz Bass is a 1986, so the S.N. is not close to yours.

My bass has a Bartolini TMB preamp. It's an older one, nothing too special.

I like Bartolini products a lot. I believe Bartolini and Pedulla together make that great growl. Maybe you can try that?

Thank you for the compliment!

Doug Johns

3. simper66

simper66

Lot´s of thanks doug.

I think i will return to the older one or will buy a new TMB.

4. sprocket123

sprocket123

Your videos in Pedulla website are cool man , I also happen to have a great Hexabuzz / 19mm , 5A Maple bass , it s unreal that bass buddy

5. Register to disable this ad