Acacia fretless 5 Lane Poors Glockenklang

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kwdemo, Jul 10, 2013.

1. kwdemo

kwdemo Supporting Member

Bought this fretless just over a year ago on TB for a recording project. Recording is finished, and I am realizing I don't have enough time to devote to being a world-class fretless player. Bills and GAS are forcing me to move this one.

Amazing 5 string fretless bass made by master luthier Matt Friedman of Acacia basses. Matt has retired and no longer builds basses. I was told this was one of his prototype instruments and as such is very unique. Lane Poor pickups, Glockenklang 2 band preamp professionally installed (within the last year). Wired Vol/blend/bass/treble. Ebony fingerboard, gold hardware, brass nut. Amazing tone, sustain, and resonance. 35" scale, string spacing looks to be about 17.5mm.

Bass is made from a combination of several exotic hard woods. I am not a luthier, so really not sure what they all are. This bass has very good mwah and mojo, I have not yet seen another fretless like it. PM me if you want more/better pics. $1700/obo, will split shipping.

Attached Files:

2. kwdemo

kwdemo Supporting Member

3. kwdemo

kwdemo Supporting Member

$1500 & split shipping? Hard to believe this bass isn't getting any love. It plays, sounds, feels & looks incredible. with the added pre it sings, thumps and does everything else a killer fretless should do. Offers????

I just might end up keeping this one......

4. kwdemo

kwdemo Supporting Member

accepting reasonable offers. Bass comes with hardshell case or gigbag, buyer's preference

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kwdemo

kwdemo Supporting Member

7. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

This needs to come with me when I leave South Florida next week.....hmmmmm