Accidents

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tgriley62, Feb 26, 2014.

1. tgriley62

tgriley62

2. Brother Goose

Brother Goose Fun with a k all day! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    (visitor from Planet Funktron)
    A great local player was killed by unsecured gear flying around in a car crash...

Drive safe, secure your equipment, don't stack too high, wear a safety harness, do the safety dance, and funk for all your worth!

3. sharkbait130

sharkbait130

I lost my grip on an 8 10 cab going down a flight of stairs once. If there had been anyone at the bottom of those stairs , I'm sure there could have been a serious injury. The cab survived , the two bottom stairs didn't.

4. ggunn

ggunn

I was running sound for a band out of New Orleans once, many years ago, and I commented to the keyboard player how Hammond-like his synth sounded. He told me this story:

They had a regular gig on a riverboat there in NO up on the party deck. When the river was low they could just load straight in where they were playing, but when the river was high they had to load in on the deck below and haul everything up a set of narrow metal stairs.

One day he and the drummer were hauling his B-3 up the stairs - the drummer up above and him down below on the end with the semi-permanent dolly arms. The drummer lifted his end too high and the instrument cartwheeled down the stairs over the keyboardist. What saved him was the dolly arms jamming into the stairs and lifting the organ over him.

The organ was only cosmetically damaged and they played the gig, but he went out the next day and bought the synth.

5. Register to disable this ad