1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Achingly close to 1K 'likes' on Facebook

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by MrDOS, Dec 13, 2012.

1. MrDOS

MrDOS Gold Supporting Member

I'm not usually one to do this, but if you have a moment to check us out and, if you don't think we suck :p -- click like, we would love to be among the few local cover bands with more than 1,000. We are stuck at 995.

Here's what we sound like (from last weekend):
    "Ramble On" - http://youtu.be/SqZ22qtSVnI
    "Dead or Alive" - http://youtu.be/U2ygjf-Lqns

And here's the FB page:
    http://www.facebook.com/6035rock

Thanks -- and do reply with your info, so I can respond in-kind. :)

Michael
  2. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

3. MrDOS

And done!
  4. aprod

aprod

Sounds great! The bass player nails JPJ's lines. You have my vote or "like".
  5. MrDOS

Thanks all!!!
  6. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

Good stuff! Nice job with Ramble On.
  7. MrDOS

Thanks Dr.!
  8. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

No problem. Glad to be in on it.

The page I made for my high school band, Red Shift, is achingly close to 15 likes...hook it up, if you feel inclined, haha!
  9. MarkMgibson

MarkMgibson

Done. I liked "Ramble On" - tough song for a vocalist, but your guy does it well. Liked your bass lines too.
  10. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

What's Facebook? I'm an old fart.
  11. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

IMO you nailed "Dead Or Alive." I gave you a thumbs up on You tube. Also, the audio quality is extremely good for what appears to be a casual bar recording. I think your lead singer is excellent and better than most cover band singers I have heard lately. As a matter of fact I would have liked to seen more video of him singing. That brings me to another point. I suspect that the bass player did the editing of these videos as the visuals were 90 percent focused on the bass player. Just a wild guess though. ;) Anyway, you guys have a good solid sound.
  12. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

I checked out Behind Blue Eyes. Good job man.
  13. MrDOS

Wow - thanks all!
    Stewie you are correct, but we had a fan who requested more footage if the fat guy (me!). Lol
    I would repost some more equitable video on the band's YouTube site, but the lighting for the front camera is pretty dark.
    Thanks for the sound compliment, too! That's a Marantz stereo mp3 recorder, with an Audio-Technica stereo mic on the dance floor pointing right at the bass cab :)