1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Achingly close to 1K 'likes' on Facebook

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by MrDOS, Dec 13, 2012.

1. MrDOS

MrDOS Gold Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I'm not usually one to do this, but if you have a moment to check us out and, if you don't think we suck :p -- click like, we would love to be among the few local cover bands with more than 1,000. We are stuck at 995.

Here's what we sound like (from last weekend):
    "Ramble On" - http://youtu.be/SqZ22qtSVnI
    "Dead or Alive" - http://youtu.be/U2ygjf-Lqns

And here's the FB page:
    http://www.facebook.com/6035rock

Thanks -- and do reply with your info, so I can respond in-kind. :)

Michael

2. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Mechanicsburg, PA
  3. Sponsored by:

to hide this ad and more.
  4. MrDOS

Jan 4, 2006
    Colorado Springs, CO
  5. aprod

aprod

Mar 11, 2008
    Sounds great! The bass player nails JPJ's lines. You have my vote or "like".

6. MrDOS

Jan 4, 2006
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks all!!!

7. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Columbia, Maryland
    Good stuff! Nice job with Ramble On.

8. MrDOS

Jan 4, 2006
    Colorado Springs, CO
  9. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Columbia, Maryland
    No problem. Glad to be in on it.

The page I made for my high school band, Red Shift, is achingly close to 15 likes...hook it up, if you feel inclined, haha!

10. Done. I liked "Ramble On" - tough song for a vocalist, but your guy does it well. Liked your bass lines too.

11. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    What's Facebook? I'm an old fart.

12. IMO you nailed "Dead Or Alive." I gave you a thumbs up on You tube. Also, the audio quality is extremely good for what appears to be a casual bar recording. I think your lead singer is excellent and better than most cover band singers I have heard lately. As a matter of fact I would have liked to seen more video of him singing. That brings me to another point. I suspect that the bass player did the editing of these videos as the visuals were 90 percent focused on the bass player. Just a wild guess though. ;) Anyway, you guys have a good solid sound.

13. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I checked out Behind Blue Eyes. Good job man.

14. MrDOS

Jan 4, 2006
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Wow - thanks all!
    Stewie you are correct, but we had a fan who requested more footage if the fat guy (me!). Lol
    I would repost some more equitable video on the band's YouTube site, but the lighting for the front camera is pretty dark.
    Thanks for the sound compliment, too! That's a Marantz stereo mp3 recorder, with an Audio-Technica stereo mic on the dance floor pointing right at the bass cab :)