Acid Age is now Earthbound Audio (again)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by aBoMoFo, Mar 27, 2014.

1. aBoMoFo

aBoMoFo Supporting Member

Anyone else see this on Facebook? Thoughts?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395955375.512376.jpg
  2. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

I like the Earthbound Audio name better as well.

I wanted to try a Super Collider, but will probably scratch that off my list now that they will be in large enclosures. I'd rather have one with the Earthbound name on it.
  3. El Raro

El Raro

Cool, so now I don't have to feel awkward about having a second generation Supercollider with "Earthbound Audio" branded on the front :p
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya, Earthbound Audio is a much better name than Acid Age.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

Are they going to make more Beast pedals?
    That's what I'm wanting
  7. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

I have to say, the stealth EA Iron Pig was the coolest looking pedal I have every seen/owned.
  8. Insouciance

Insouciance

Hands down, Earthbound is WAY better name than Acid Age. Love my Iron Pig, love my v2 Supercollider, excited to see what he has in store for the future!
  9. Pastrami

Pastrami

Oh man lol

Called this
  10. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

+1
  11. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I like the EA name as well. I also want an Iron Pig, that thing has been on my list for a long time. Im also with Koch, the Pig looked bad a** when it was made with the EA moniker. Bad a**....
  12. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

where do they sell these bros?
  13. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
  14. acidage

acidage

Disclosures:
    builder & owner of Acid Age Electronics
    Hello all. I suppose it would be good to chime in and offer a bit more insight into the change.

The number one reason for the name change is what many people have already expressed- Earthbound Audio is a better name. Something about the way it sounds and looks just seems right.

The switch to the bigger boxes for the Supercollider, 71 Supercollider and Pale Mare is more about aesthetics and the soldering / assembly process. From designing the pcbs to soldering components to assembling the pedals, every step with the current small boxes takes longer and is actually pretty annoying. I honestly hate building the small box Pale Mare though I love playing through the pedal once it is finished.

Moving those pedals into the larger boxes (same size as the old Earthbound Supercolliders, maybe a bit taller) will solve many of those problems. Also the Earthbound Audio Supercolliders just look more unique to me. The smaller Acid Age boxes are great for a crowded pedalboard but they simply don't appeal to me as much.

The Acid Pig is going to remain in the smaller box because it fits very well and I really like the look for that pedal.

Currently there are 2 Acid Age Beasts remaining. I make them every once in a while in small batches because they are a very niche kind of pedal. Right now I use acidage.bigcartel.com and facebook for sales and most info but will start using the Earthbound Audio blog a bit more. I hope to replace it soon with a basic but more user friendly website.

If anyone has questions or comments I am happy to respond. And thanks for the positive comments so far regarding Earthbound Audio!

-Mark
  15. aBoMoFo

aBoMoFo Supporting Member

Thank you for the fill in Mark.

I've had Iron Pig #008 from the first Earthbound Audio run for a while now and it's a hell ova little green box of rat doom. LOVE IT.
  16. aetheriac

aetheriac Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner - Sunken Acropolis Audio
    Awesome to hear Mark. I've still got the scrambler clone you put together. Any plans for mods to that circuit in the future?
  17. fheliojr

fheliojr

:bawl:

I was hoping that Acid Pig would have its old features back.
  18. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

The Iron Pig is one of absolute favorites. I regret trading it so much.
  19. acidage

acidage

Disclosures:
    Nice, I remember that little blue blox. I've had plans for an octave fuzz for a while and have been trying out the superfuzz, tone machine and scrambler circuits. Each of them have qualities that I like and dislike. I might end up making a 2 or 3 knob scrambler based pedal as well as a pedal that exhibits the heavier fuzz sounds found in the superfuzz and tone machine.
  20. acidage

acidage

Disclosures:
    The continued production of the smaller, simpler Acid Pig doesn't necessarily preclude a new deluxe version of the Iron Pig.
  21. Wud

Wud

I love me some Earthbound Audio pedals.
    Have an Iron Pig and 3 Beasts (one is for sale over @ Basschat, as I'm in the UK).
    Glorious stuff, good to hear Earthbound Audio is back again.