ACME Low B 2 Series III, Duratex not cured?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by rj1972, Jun 27, 2013.

1. rj1972

rj1972

Hi,

I have an Acme series III that the Duratex (I think that's what Andy uses) is coming off and looks really bad. Anybody else have this issue? Has anyone touched the covering up?

Its about a year and a half old and I havn't treated it roughly just in and out of the SUV a few times.

My Carvin LSX1503 has a Line-X type coating and still looks new despite 4 years of heavy gigging.

Any suggestions before I call Andy Lewis?

2. mark roberts

mark roberts Supporting Member

I've noticed the same thing on my two B1's. I really take care to keep them from bumping other things as I've had to touch up a few very small spots. I get the idea that it would happen even through covers. Just the Acme badge rubbing against a Duratex surface lightly and one time would make a nick to the base wood.

3. rj1972

rj1972

Has anyone recovered one or touched up the duratex on a cab before?

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Contact Andy. He was considering offering a touch up kit.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Outdated thread, I know. But better late than never...

The Duratex coating on my two (2) Acme Full Range cabs also tends to be subject to rubbing off with any kind of friction or hard contact. They could use some touch-up...more often than I would have hoped or expected.

I would gladly have paid extra for Line-X instead.

MM

7. MrBEAR

MrBEAR

I received a touch up jar from Andy that was separately bagged and wrapped in plastic along with my 4 ohm Low B1- III.

One was a chip that I found the loose paint from. Looked more like it was peeled off. Second chip was with a cover so it appears there is not much protection from the coating.

Goes on with a Q-tip, flows readily, looks good and can't find the repair spot once it is cured.