1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Acoustic 106 w/ original Altec Lansing 300$ OBO

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Sumtingwong, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Sumtingwong

Sumtingwong

SOLD! LOCAL Pickup only. Early 70's vintage 4 ohm Acoustic 106 Bass cab, WITH original [DEL]Altec Lansing[/DEL] [DEL]Celestion[/DEL] Eminence speakers. *Edited yet again because I cannot do two things at once. Unless you count thinking "Eminence" and typing "Celestion", which would make me the king of dysfunctional multi-tasking..*
    I bought it in 1989 with a matching head, but that head fizzled shortly thereafter. I kept the cab, and it was my standard gig rig up until 2000 with a variety of heads, most with power ratings well above what the original 150 was rated for. (The beefiest head I ever ran through it was a Yorkville solid state 400.. Loved that combo..)

$300.00 OBO, LOCAL Pickup only. I am willing to drive halfway to meet someone within an hour and a half from Harrisburg, PA.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Media:
    Got a pick of those Lansings from the back ? Mostly Acoustic shipped with CTs as I recall. I don't recall any Altec's with the black vent in the dust cap though for sure I never saw every lansing model...

3. Sumtingwong

Sumtingwong

Well.. There is every possibility that I'm wrong, so I'll pull one out and take a look just to be sure.

4. Sumtingwong

Sumtingwong

You may be on to something, after some fruitless searching- I can't see any evidence that they ARE A.L.'s.

1) I will go back and edit my original post.. 2) This was my first real bass rig- When I bought it, the store owner (a player I knew and respected) said- "Those Altec Lansing's are bulletproof.." This is why I listed the cab as having Altec Lansing's. For years, I always thought I was playing through A.L.'s and they'd take anything I threw at them. Turns out I may have been only half right.

SPKR images:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. sturoc

sturoc

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Altecs had square magnets.

7. Sumtingwong

Sumtingwong

Nope.. Not going to correct you. I need to delete this thread, since they are clearly not A.L.'s. I did find, however, that accurate info on old acoustic cabs is rarer than hen's teeth.

8. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Those are Emminence speakers made the last week of 1971. (67=Emminence/7152=1971, week 52.) They are correct and probably original to your 106 cab. IMO, excellent speakers. Not quite Altec 421As, but very good. I have the exact cab. :cool:

9. Sumtingwong

Sumtingwong

Ah HA! Good to know. I've had the cab since 89, so I'm betting they're original to the cab. I still haul it out from time to time, just for old-time's sake, and it still surprises me at how well it conveys a more modern tone.

10. sturoc

sturoc

11. Sumtingwong

Sumtingwong

Bumped. Corrected all the inaccurate info.

12. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Eminence speakers, not Celestion.

13. Sumtingwong

Sumtingwong

Doh. I swear I'm not mentally challenged, really. I was multi-tasking and had a brain fart.

14. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

haha! Wait til you get old like me! And bump for a cool old school cabinet!