Acoustic 371 ( 370 / 301 ) Heaven

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Brad T. Bass, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Brad T. Bass

Brad T. Bass

Not currently in the market after my $3000 Furnace Replacement this last week, but I'd sure Love to HEAR all of these in Parallel. **** Huh, WHAT???? ****

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/msg/4230090820.html

Not my ad. Just me drooling.

Vintage Acoustic Amps Forever!!!!

Attached Files:

2. map34157

map34157 Supporting Member

3. Jazz_bass2664

Jazz_bass2664 Supporting Member

Jeep Is a great guy to deal with. I bought one of his Acoustic 360/361 amps from him back in the summer. Packed it up and shipped it out to Los Angeles no problem.

4. garmenteros

garmenteros Junkyard Scout Gold Supporting Member

I'd pick one up if I lived in the states. Those look awesome. I own a 370 and it truly is a work horse matched with an ampeg heritage 4 10.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

I saw and heard Larry Graham at outdoor SNACK concert at Kezar stadium in SF. He had 4 360's on stage. Best bass I have ever experienced at an outdoor event. I was in the nosebleed seats, 360 fuzz a blazing, 9 am opening song of the set was The Jam.

7. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses/Genz Benz - RIP/Mojo Hand FX
  8. Brad T. Bass

Brad T. Bass

I still have my original 370 & 301. Bought them New in 1977 (yeah, he’s an old guy). I beefed up the outputs (higher ratings than the 2N3055’s) a few years later (I’d have to open it back up to get 2N #’s). A friend of mine worked for a local electronic supply vendor. He Beta Matched the Set for me (a good idea as they have no current limiting resistors in series with the outputs). Other than that, it is all original and has never fried (now saying that, I’ll soon have a Cap issue).

My 301 sits proudly in the garage, it’s ~ 130+ lbs. is a bit more than I care to handle these days (and probably part of the reason I have back issues {lol?}). Always wanted a second one. (I guess, now, to annoy the neighbors??). It was GREAT for the outdoor Gigs. Have to chuckle when I think of all the Bartenders who used to have to work directly across from us in those side facing bar venues.

I still use the 370 Head quite frequently, either though 2 or 4-10’s, or a pair of 15’s, depending on my mood that day. Just picked up a second (fried) 370 a few months back, IF I motivate, I may try to revive it. From what I’ve seen of my first one, someone must have done something REALLY stupid to cook it (or the inevitable ... It just got old).