Acoustic 371 Restoration Project - Updated 2/1/2014

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DarkShark, Feb 1, 2014.

1. DarkShark

DarkShark

Hey guys,
    I'm in the middle of restoring a 1974-ish Acoustic 371 system. Always wanted one when I was a teenager, but couldn't afford it. Fast forward 40 years and I bought two of them in beaten condition.

Take a stroll over to the forum to see how it's progressing as of 2/1/2014. I just fixed this link, try it again.

http://unofficialacousticcontrolcor...Restoration-Project-Updated-2114#.Uu11eBafdGE

Regards,
    Doug
  2. punkrocko

punkrocko Supporting Member

Your link didn't work for me, but I found it on the site.

Very nice work!! Your efforts will be well rewarded. Can't wait to see the completed cab.
  3. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

4. punkrocko

Are those corners correct? My '73 has a different style.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DarkShark

DarkShark

No, they aren't the original corners. The original ones were very small and weak and rusted easily. I have a couple of acoustic amps and all the corners are banged in. So, it's the one liberty that I've taken with these cabinets.

Ps. For those who might want them, if and when I sell these restored Acoustic amp/speakers, I saved the old, rusty corners and their "twisty nails" and will include them in the sale.
  7. punkrocko

That's cool. I wasn't sure if they changed the hardware between years. My corners are very small, weak, and rusty too.