Acoustic 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by wcoffey81, Dec 13, 2012.

1. wcoffey81

wcoffey81

in my quest for finding a budget bass cab i keep seeing acoustic 4x10 cabs. between m-g-r, gc and craigslist it seems like there is always one or two available. anyone have any good,or bad, things to say about acoustic cabs in general?
  2. wcoffey81

wcoffey81

anyone have any input for me?
  3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

They are entry level cabs, (and amps) GC's house brand. If cost is a priority, they're cheap. But I don't find them particularly good sounding.
  4. hgiles

hgiles

I've seen them In person and they look and sound good. Surprising actually. Looking at the price it's a bit tough to believe.
  5. punisher911

punisher911

I liked the MkII models I had. They were bright and clear even on a low B. Specially with the Acoustic B300 head. However, I wanted boomy and powerful so I switched to the ultra boomy HLF and an Orange TB500.
  6. wcoffey81

wcoffey81

i picked up a firebass head so i'm ok there, now i am looking at used cabs and these acoustic cabs keep showing up but i have no experience with them.
    i dread doing it but i may just go ahead and buy a seismic 2x15. they are only about $50 more than most used cabs i am finding plus they carry a 2 year warranty.
    they may not be ideal but i need to start someplace
  7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Avatar also makes inexpensive cabs, but much better, (imo) than the Acoustic cabs. Look into those, just to check.