Acoustic 6x10 Cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by LasloB, Jan 20, 2013.

1. LasloB

LasloB

Help please! I am refurbing an Acoustic 6x10 cab. I recvd it without the orig speakers, but i just want to find out what year it might be. Serial no. is 'W2604', which may indicate it is walnut/oak, and possibly older then '76, but beyond that, i am having trouble finding more info. It does not have the '104' designation on it, and the 'acoustic' label on the front is on the right hand side. Possibly an extension cab? Any info would be much appreciated. !!

2. BasturdBlaster

BasturdBlaster

I had one of these, mine had "chrome domes" in it and it was "OK" sounding for bass but personally I think they're better suited for guitar. After topping it with a valvestate 8100, it sounds so awesome with guitar.

3. LasloB

LasloB

Here's what happened, on its own, I had to tweak the EQ for the low end, some rattling, some flubs, but again 'ok', but LOUD. When the band kicked in, you didn't hear ANY of it, and it pushed sound at all the guys and sounded incredible. Would like to hear it outside. Thanks for the response!
    I contacted the buddy I got this from, and it's possibly a '72. !!!

4. shoot-r

shoot-r

Back in the day I saw several of the Acoustic 610 cabinets and to the best of my knowledge they were guitar only cabinets.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LasloB

LasloB

Most likely, you are prob right. I saw a few threads saying way back in the day guys would convert it. The buddy I got it from, again, was an upright bass player. Intriguing. Muchas. !!