1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Acoustic B15 or Fender Rumble 15

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Hock, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Hock

Hock

Looking for something portable, but not toy-like. I have an Acoustic b20 and love it. Quiet, sounds great. Not familiar with the Fender though. Anyone try both of these and have a preference?
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

What's wrong with the B20? Neither of the other 2 amps is any kind of upgrade from what you already have.
  3. Hock

Hock

It's in my son's room. Big and Heavy, don't need two of the same.
  4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

OK. What is your intended use of this new amp? I mean, if it's just to noodle around with, buy whatever you think sounds best. But, if you plan on jamming with others, I'd steer you away from either choice.
  5. Hock

Hock

I think the B20 is ok for jamming, I need something in my room to practice, plug in ipod, carry around. Looking to spend about $100.
  6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Ok, add the Ampeg BA-108 to the list. Play them, and use your ears to judge. One is not "better" than another, they're all just different, and sound different. Personal preference is all. Personally, I prefer something bigger, even for bedroom practice, and the Ampeg BA-112 is as small as I'd go. 50 watts through a single 12" spkr. Sounds like a real bass amp. But, ymmv, and you should pick an amp the same way you pick out shoes- try them on and buy what suits you best.
  7. Hock

Hock

good advice, i'll consider those 2 amps.