1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Acoustic B200 EQ

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by mexMan, Nov 8, 2013.

1. mexMan

mexMan

I need to EQ my amplifier to get more bass out from it, but I don't know how, since it doesn't have a bass and treble dial, but manages frequencies, and I don't know which frequencies to modify to get more bass and less treble. Anyone?

[​IMG]

2. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Lows on the left highs on the right

3. mexMan

mexMan

Well that was easy, thanks.

4. Sahe_Bassist

Sahe_Bassist

with the six band i usually read it like this
    from left to right
    low, low low mid, low mid, high mid, high high mid, high.

thats how i did it with my b200h, the knobs are marked by freq but thats basically it.

fwiw - the manual that came with my head had some sample setting in it that really helped me when i first got it. i set it to one of the samples, and then changed things till i got something i liked.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mexMan

mexMan

So what I'm looking for is to turn up the lower frequencies and to balance the higher ones right? I'm good with the effects, but not with frequencies!

7. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Yes but remember the more lows you turn up the less volume you can go before you start to either distort or cause the speaker to fart out

8. dincz

dincz

I suggest you plug in an mp3 player and play with the EQ controls to get a feel for what they do and what each frequency actually sounds like.

9. zon6c-f

zon6c-f

LOOK ON THE ACOUSTIC AMPLIFICATION SITE...DOWNLOAD USER MANUAL.

They offer suggested settings as well...

I own both the b-200 combo as well as head/ cab seperates.

At first I was overwhelmed..all these knobs to twiddle.. then there's this gain knob...never had one of those before to deal with...might as well have been a Space Shuttle.

'WHEN IN DOUBT..READ THE MANUAL'...I resorted to trying their suggested settings... relaxed and adjusted to suit myself.. easier every time ..or find a tone you like..set it and forget it.

Taken everything I have thrown at them..and no issue with B-string.

ALL the amps/ combos of ALL different brands failed B-String test with exeption of uber expensive boutique models...Least expensive combo in that wattage... handles B string better than All the rest.

Good luck and let us know how much you are enjoying it..I know after you get over the inital..Where the B M T knobs??... you'll do just fine.

B T W..I typically don't use the horn, but its there is you want lt.

Got compliments from sound guys at my last paid gig some time back.. DI-out with adjustable levels was appreciated..no mic needed on my rig.

10. Sahe_Bassist

Sahe_Bassist

this is helpful, altho i would just play through the amp with your bass and turn each knob.

set everything to noon, and one at a time turn each knob. play, and turn the first knob CW then CCW and hear what it does. then put that knob back to noon, and go to the next one and do the same thing. repeat. this will familiarize you with which freq does what to your sound.