Acoustic B200 MKII review

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by vade700, Oct 2, 2012.

1. vade700

vade700

Hey this is a review for the Acoustic B200 MKII review. I purchased the Acoustic B200 a year ago from Musicians Friend as part or their Christmas Sale. It recently started to have some problems so I sent it in and they replaced, with the new model! Featuring an overdrive channel, built in compressor and tons of other stuff. The amp itself is pretty cheap and for what youre paying I say it's good. I play heavy metal and can get some kick ass tones. I'd reccommend this bass amp to players who want to be able to play small gigs without breaking the bank.

Attached Files:

2. MTD_Kings_Ton

MTD_Kings_Ton Smelling Sounds since 1979 Supporting Member

Hope it Holds up for you, Brother. I drove an Hour North and South to hit 2 different Guitar Center's thinking that WAS THE COMBO I wanted. First GC I got to, I plugged in to the OLD Model B200 they had on the Floor. It popped, rattled, and just sounded like Bunz in general. Plugged into the NEW Model B200 MKII that they had Just Unboxed and put out. When I turned it on, it Popped. When I plugged in, it just cracked and sizzled really loud, but would produce no volume from the Bass. Switched cords, including power cords, 3 times. No go...

Went to the next GC to find a B200MKII. Plugged in and turned it on. WEIRD Whistling sound, crackling, AND it sounded like the HF horn was Blown.... I called an employee over and we tried 4 different instrument cables and 2 different power cords. No Change...

I was really Bumbed Out. Needless to say, I didn't spend my money on one.

Hope yours keeps-a-thumpin! :bassist: Keep us updated on how it holds up. Best of Luck!;)
  3. vade700

vade700

Acoustic definitely seems like a cheap-o brand. But the one I got has held up and is sounding great so far. It seems to me a company should really focus on selling a (for lack of better word) constant product.
  4. vade700

vade700

Sorry to hear about that man, hope you find yourself the right combo.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kikstand454

kikstand454 Supporting Member

I have a b200 and do all of my gigs through it. Pushing a hartke410xl and a seismic15.
    It kicks rear.
    Never had a single issue with it....
  7. MTD_Kings_Ton

Much Agreed! I was REALLY BUMBED out. I REALLY dig the TONE of the Acoustic Combos....
  8. MTD_Kings_Ton

Thanks Man! I did, I believe. Went a little different direction and went with the Carvin MB10. New extension showed today, I am Happy. :D
  9. vade700

vade700

Glad to hear it!! I'll definitely give an update in a few months to let you know how it's doing.
  10. hailet

hailet

I bought a B100 and a week later went to GC and found the B200 that I really wanted. They wanted $469 for the B200. I told the sales clerk they had it on their web site for $199. The clerk looked it up and sure enough it was $199. so I bought it. When I got it home I realized it was the new model B200 MKII so I saved about $250+. It has great tone and a lot of features but the one thing that bugs me is that it doesn't have an expansion jack for an external cab. The B100 has one but not the B200. Other than that it's a great little amp.
  11. kikstand454

kikstand454 Supporting Member

I hear that.
    When I got my b200h, it was either that or the 600h.........I was like....can't I have a middle ground here?
    I got the 2 and I'm plenty happy with it....but NOW they have a 300h. :rolleyes:

Do I really need another amp?

Of course!
  12. BearFart

BearFart

I got the B200mkII around October '12, and so far haven't had any problems aside from the uneasy feeling of the vents on the top of the amp... Seems to be begging for a spilled beverage!
    I get that cooling is necessary, especially in a combo pushing 200w at 4 horseshoes...
    Having not been playing much until Fall 2012, and having been without a decent amp for several years, I had to get something that could keep up w/ folks I jam with every Saturday, but something that wouldn't break the bank.
    I'm sure there are many better 1x15 combos out there, and the resale value on them is probably pretty good (Mesa, Fender, Ampeg, etc.), but I needed something loud and cheap.
    The dude at GC, during their equipment trade-in weekend, wouldn't give me anything for my 1980-something Peavy TNT-100 w/ crackly pots and 45W RMS (I have basement recordings that prove it sounded good at one point). I told him, "I only have room in my car for one amp, and I'd like to leave w/ something new"... He offered to give me $50 off the Acoustic and dumpster my trade-in for me.
    I said, "Deal".
    So far, it has not disappointed. Thank you to a previous poster who mentioned the EB casters! I asked GC about casters, but they didn't seem to think they had any.
    As far as tone, it seems pretty versatile. I tend to fiddle for couple of minutes, and then play 3-4 hours on that setting; using the tone knob on my bass to tweak things occasionally. I looked at the higher priced B450mkII, and kinda wish I'd gone w/ that, but at the time I had to have something better than what I walked in with.