Acoustic B200H/B410 Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by gjbassist, Feb 22, 2014.

1. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

I was out hitting a few pawn shops in my area in hopes of finding a decent 410 cabinet for around $200. One shop I went to had an Acoustic B200H head and B410 priced at $250 for both. They were both very clean and looked like they had barely been used. Even had the manual still in the plastic. This seems like a good deal since the heads alone I'm seeing used are around $150-$175. I didn't get the chance to try them out and make sure they work properly but I will before I buy them. What are your thoughts on this rig? I have no experience with Acoustic gear. What would you compare the tone to? They seem to get good reviews plus the guy at the pawn shop said they had been there a while and he would "make me a good deal". I was mainly just looking for a 410 cabinet but this might be too good a deal to pass up.
  2. MRDOOM

MRDOOM

As long as everything is working I don't see any problems, especially for that price. That rig generally sounds pretty good. Plus if you don't like it, you could probably make most of your money back selling them.
  3. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

The head is decent enough but I think you'll be seriously disappointed in the B410. I played a couple at two different GC's and found them underwhelming at any price. All those Acoustic cabs for that matter. For your budget, I'd keep looking for a Peavey 410TX or Hartke 410XL. I picked up a Peavey Pro 410 for $150. Good, cheap 410s are out there.
  4. gjbassist

Any other thoughts? I have found many positive reviews of the head but very little on the cabinet. I guess I just need to go and try it out and decide for myself. I really don't need another rig but I have been wanting to try a 4x10 for a while and thought this might be a good deal.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

It's Guitar Centers house brand, and made with cheap Chinese spkrs. The amps are ok for entry level gear, but the cabs are junk.
  7. gjbassist

Well sounds like I'm gonna pass on this then. Thanks for the input!
  8. lastnotleast

lastnotleast

My first bass rig was a B200H with a B115 cabinet. I like the older version Acoustic cabs as they are sealed rather than ported.
    I would still be using it but my band is high energy modern country (or as Tom Petty put it, R&R with a pedal steel).
    Picked up a second B115 for about $100.00 so as to take advantage of the full 200 watts at 4 ohms.
    Got really lucky and caught a blow out sale at Woodwind Brasswind paying $150.00 for a brand new B410 (sealed).
    I still use the B115 and B410 but now with a Hartke HA4000 ($200.00) for which I traded in the B200H.
  9. thedudebrah

thedudebrah Supporting Member

I still have the B200 as one of my backups. I mostly use it in my bedroom for practicing and stuff at low volumes. I had previously gigged it through my 810 while my SVT was in the shop and I was actually surprised with the volume and tones I got out of it. However, through other cabs I've used it through, not so much.