1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Acoustic B30

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by George Mann, Jan 1, 2013.

1. George Mann

George Mann

Anyone have any experience with this amp? Musicians Friend has them on sale, and I am looking to buy one.
  2. Tvrtko

Tvrtko

You cannot go wrong with Acoustic amps. 30W is pretty much practice amp. You might use it in small acoustic set coffee place. Vintage sound for $150. If you need it for those purposes, go get it.
  3. George Mann

George Mann

What do you think this amp is likely to sound like? I prefer the warm but clean sound that I have heard from many vintage Acoustics.

Here's the link to it:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/acoustic-b30-30w-bass-combo-amp
  4. Tvrtko

Tvrtko

I tried all of them in GC. Even the smallest one sounds great. Last year, I got myself small Guitar Acoustic G20. You would not believe how it great sounds even on 5 strings active bass! (see my signature)...
  5. George Mann

George Mann

Would you say that they sound like their vintage counterparts? Is there any noticeable beaming or muddiness from the 12' model?
  6. Tvrtko

Tvrtko

These are modern Acoustics. They improved it and modernize sound. Depend what you are going to use it for. 30W is good for bedroom practice, maybe some acoustic set inside small room. I would rather go with 100W. New MKII is amazing little amp. Yes, it's more money. But, features are unbeatable for that price.

30W - 12" is not enough for me to punch in the belly. But, it does amazing job. Compared to others, it sounds equally loud like some other "toys" made in Italy marked with 100W tag. and 5 times more $$$$. If you don't believe me, go to GC and try yourself. Some of the stores over here, already know me. So, they let me try anything with "blue stripe"...with other available things...
  7. George Mann

George Mann

Well, thanks for your response. Since I prefer a warm but clean tone, it sounds like it will most likely fit the bill.
  8. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

I just got a B30. I really like the warmth of it. Doesn't get too loud, but it probably won't be leaving the house anyway.
  9. plainman

plainman Supporting Member

I have had a B30 for a year and a half and have been very happy with it. I would definitely recommend it. The sound is good and clean. While it has plenty of volume for a room in my house, I think it would be underpowered for even a small coffeehouse.
  10. Crater

Crater

I have the previous model, the B20. I think the 12" speaker helps a LOT vs. the 10" or even 8" speaker in a lot of competitors' practice amps. Yes, it IS a practice amp, it will work OK if you're playing with a couple of acoustic guitars, but it won't keep up with drums. But it's a very nice practice amp, I love the tone.