1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Acoustic B450 help.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by NickTej22, Feb 20, 2013.

1. NickTej22

NickTej22

So I just picked this up today. I understand its the mki and not the mkii, first question is what's the difference? Second question, when I power it on and off I hear the button click, but also up top there is another type of switching sound coming from the top somewhere, is that normal?
  2. NickTej22

NickTej22

Pics may help huh...

Attached Files:

3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

The second click is more than likely the mute relay and is very normal. As far as the Mk I/II I can't help as I never had the interest in G.C.'s branded Acoustic.
  4. NickTej22

NickTej22

What do you mean by guest centers branded acoustic? Thanks for the info.

So far it looks like the ports are on the back of this one, and on the bottom of the new one, not sure if that's the only difference and what that benefits.
  5. B-string

Guitar Center's house brand: branded "Acoustic". Not to be confused with Acoustic Control Corp. or Acoustic USA. They have little to do with the old ACC or new Acoustic USA other than color scheme/aesthetics.

A call to Guitar Center may give the answer to the MK I/ MK II or Musician's Friend (same parent conpany).
  6. B-string

Rear ports require spacing away from a rear wall but need a rear wall as a reflective surface. Front ports do not and can be placed directly against a corner for maximum low frequency coupling or against a rear wall with no effect on cab tuning.
  7. NickTej22

NickTej22

Ok good info thank you. I didn't think it was even related to guitar center, I'll have to read up on the website acousticamplification.com in the mean time I wonder if there's any other differences.
  8. NickTej22

NickTej22

9. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

Went to the site you mentioned, and laughed as soon as I saw "the pro's tone since 1967" - a flat out lie !

They are made by someone else for Guitar Center (have heard info they are re-badged Kustom amps).
  10. B-string

Nowhere does it say Acoustic Control Corp. in an address field or web site. ACC went out of business many years ago and was in California. I made a couple trips to ACC in my younger days. IIRC by the 1980's they were gone.
    The ad copy is MEANT to miss lead potential buyers.

Sorry if you wound up with something other than what you thought you were getting. But the fact remains if you like the sound you get (may people are happy with them) that is all that matters in the end.
  11. NickTej22

NickTej22

I'm not trying to argue, honestly they're a popular amp and they sound great, awesome bang for the buck. The place I read it on the website was under their history.
  12. NickTej22

NickTej22

Here

Attached Files:

13. NickTej22

NickTej22

They're also sold on musicians friend and other music websites, as well as my local stores.
  14. NickTej22

NickTej22

I guess googling is a good tool lol

Attached Files:

15. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

Easy there. No one is bashing your amp.

FWIW, Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, and Music 123 are all the same.

Acoustic is their brand. You will never find a new Acoustic at Best Buy or Sam Ash. They are easily confused with the original Acoustic because the new Acoustic wants you to be confused. I was. I happily owned an Acoustic stack (B-600H, B410, B115) and have since upgraded to another brand.

Enjoy your amp, enjoy playing bass, and enjoy TB.
  16. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

This is as close to the original Acoustic as you'll find:

http://www.acousticbassusa.com/

Super expensive (I'm guessing) and I have yet to see one in a store or on a stage.
  17. NickTej22

NickTej22

I don't think anyone is bashing it. Like I said I love the amp so it don't matter either way. Just trying to solve the confusion all together as a group. But I did, as you can see. My model is on the acousticamplification.com website. Wiki says that's the new name of the acoustic control Corp, as well as acoustic USA. So as far as in concerned it's all the same.
  18. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

If so, Wiki is WRONG

All Guitar Center did was pay to use the name and color scheme, other then that, there is nothing about the "new" Acoustic that comes close to either Acoustic USA or Acoustic Control Corp.
  19. NickTej22

NickTej22

I really highly doubt that guitar center can produce a line of amps, using the same exact name, font, color theme, as you can see on the other website you guys just shared with me, then throw a copy right tag on it. Plus on the back of my amp it says it's from the same city in California as the ACC company. It's it possible you guess are mistaken? I'm thinking it's like a..fender/squier, Honda/acura type thing going on.

Either way I posted the screen shot of what I found. It says it right there in black and white.
  20. B-string