1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Acoustic Bass Decisions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scrappy44, Jan 11, 2014.

1. scrappy44

scrappy44 Supporting Member

Hi everyone,

I'm considering either the Breedlove BJ350 (studio) or the venerable, Fender Victor Bailey acoustic as my next bass. Anyone care to compare the two? I really, really like the supposed ease of playability of the Bailey, but I'm wondering if the Breedlove will have better unplugged volume--especially on the bottom end. Breedlove also seems to be flooding the market right now--for good (decent prices) or ill (will quality suffer), while we won't be seeing any more of the Baileys made.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, if you have them!

2. DerekG

DerekG Supporting Member

I just unpacked my Breedlove from The Perfect Bass yesterday, and for the price (use the "talkbass" code for yet another 5% on the already unbelievable price), this is one of THE best musical instrument deals I've had in more than 40 years of buying gear. It's not the best ABG i've every played but it's ½ to 1/10 of the price of some that I HAVE played. And it's at least 80% of the quality, playability and tone. Not a lot of volume unplugged but the amplified tone is very very good, quiet and versatile. If this is NOT going to be your primary axe, you can not go wrong. The case is fantastic too. My only wish is that it had 5 strings. I have no affiliation with TPB other than that I buy gear and accessories from them.

3. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Another plug for the Breedlove... the TPB sale is by far the best.bamg for the buck on an ABG that I have seen of late... I see the Op is from January ... Hopefully the OP has not yet pulled the trigger on this

4. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Supporting Member

Check out Boulder Creek, well worth it

5. Register to disable this ad