1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Acoustic Image repair

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by marvin spangles, Nov 23, 2013.

1. marvin spangles

marvin spangles

I have a focus 2R purchased in 2005 and it died about six weeks ago. I contacted Rick at AI and he said send the amp it's still under warranty. Just got the amp back today and I noticed that he upgraded several other parts for free.
    This level of customer service deserves loud applause.
    :hyper::hyper::hyper:

2. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

Hear hear. When my original Clarus developed a problem after 10 years of MANY hours of hard use, Rick fixed it under warranty and had it back to me within a couple of days, and he included a new bag. Customer service literally doesn't get any better than that.

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Wow how long is the warranty?

4. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Disclosures:
    Setup and repair/KRUTZ Strings
    Only Rick knows but I've never heard of anyone unhappy with his service. I just bought a first generation Clarus; his legendary service made the decision an easy one. His amps sound great as well.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. misterbadger

misterbadger

Rick's awesome - last year I bought an older AI extension cabinet on Craigslist that arrived with a trashed woofer and grill as a result of obvious poor packing. I called to order parts, and had everything I needed in a couple of days; Rick refused payment.

7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Wow that's some incredible customer service good to hear it's still out there I'll have to check his stuff out.

8. SirMjac28

That Contra series 4 looks like the perfect match for my Guild

9. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Chief Low-Frequency Facilitator, Gollihur Music LLC
    Officially, it's a 5-year warranty. But stories abound of Rick's willingness to take care of customers (when he can) even beyond that timeframe. Even those who admittedly broke their own amps by dropping or spilling beer on them at a gig.

The guy is, deservedly so, a customer service legend. :)

10. bcamp

bcamp

I bought a Clarus in 2007, it's been gigged hundreds of times and on 2 separate occasions, someone tripped on a cable and jerked it out of the amp. So, broken 1/4" input on Ch 1 and no XLR input on Ch 2. Rick fixed both, no charge and upgraded a couple of components, also no charge. I didn't miss a payday as the amp was fixed and home in a week. Rick Jones is my hero.

11. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

It doesn't get any better !