1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ad Flagged on Craigslist

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by peabody, Mar 10, 2014.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

So I'm trying to sell a non-working Behringer mixer. I posted an ad on CL and for some reason my ad keeps getting flagged. I put "As-Is" in the title, and clearly state the mixer is not working in the body of the ad, but apparently someone doesn't like that.

CL has a forum where you can get opinions on what might be causing the flag, so I decided to post my ad there to get feedback. So far I've been called a shyster, dishonest...and a little turd. God I love Craigslist.

2. Boom762

Boom762 Hartke Whore - I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

I wish there was a better way man. I get texts and emails from scammers constantly wanting to get my paypal info and stuff. I sold a Dean 4 string acoustic for $100 "was $200 new" and when I met the first guy in person, in 20' weather, at HIS workplace he made up a story of how he lost the money and that he could only give me $50 bucks. I declined and he called me before I even got to my truck with an offer for 70 because he suddenly found some of it.

I tend to still use it because I hate paying eBay to sell it, and shipping and handling on everything.

3. peabody

I hate to admit it, but I've actually had pretty good luck on CL...buying and selling. Sure, you get the occasional scammer, but after a while, you can figure them out fairly quickly.

I just never thought by asking for feedback on my flag I'd be called a little turd. That's really a crappy thing to say. :smug:

4. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Flaggers on CL are miserable people with no power in their actual flesh and blood lives. They flag to spread their misery. Spend a few weeks reading the "rants and raves" section of your local CL and you might gain more disappointing insight into your fellow online human.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Never had any problem with Craigslist.

You might use the phrase common on Ebay - "For Parts or not working"

7. BayStateBass

BayStateBass

Oh, tell me about it. I clicked on that one time thinking it was going to be a forum with reviews of local businesses, maybe some restaurants, you know....they types of things people might like to know.

Instead.....I found myself on this forum and I have NO IDEA what it's about. Seems like a whole bunch of people just tearing each other to peices and living out their Troll fantasies. Like 50 really nasty and rotten 12 year olds all talking, all at the same time.

You are getting flagged because some person somewhere thinks it's up to them to police the forum and flag anything they don't deem worthy of being sold. Nothing more.

8. Immigrant

Immigrant

CL contacts can be weird. I've sold stuff to normal people, but there's been so many on the opposite end of the spectrum, I could fill this page.

One was a gig bag I sold. Buyer (I assumed was a teenager) only wanted to text, never voice, and we agreed on $40 for the bag I had priced at $50. The buyer insisted on meeting in a Taco Bell parking lot near my house; two cars pull up and a woman gets out of each car. I handed one the bag and she pulled out some wadded up bills which I count and find $35. She asked "That's what we agreed on, right?"

I just laughed and got back in my car. That five bucks really slid right past me. Boy, did she get me.:p

9. claudel

claudel Supporting Member

Ignore & repost...

10. peabody

Yep...I tried that and it was flagged again within 15 minutes. I didn't know the "Flag Forum" even existed, but I thought it couldn't hurt to at least ask and find out why my ad was getting flagged. Nasty, nasty group of people there. I did change my "As-Is" in the title to "Non Working" and it seemed to calm the trolls.

11. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

We're like that you know

12. electracoyote

electracoyote

This is annoying and disturbing, and perhaps one of the biggest drawbacks to Craig's List (besides the liars, con men).

CL really needs to re-evaluate their "flag" policy and apply some kind of filter or oversight.

13. bassinplace

bassinplace

CL is free, don't over expect. It is what it is.

14. claudel

claudel Supporting Member

I'm so glad most of my stuff is gone.

Soon I won't need either eBay or Craigslist more than a few times a year.