Addicted to smelling my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Darren Low, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Low

Darren Low

Sep 28, 2012
    Is that bad for me? It just smells so good :help:
  2. I got some new cologne for Christmas. Smells so good. Maybe I should spritz my bass?
  3. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV

Check the latest edition of the DSM. If it ain't in there, no worry! :D
  4. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2009
    wes virginny
    just dont start licking your amp!
  5. Sponsored by:

6. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    N. Fort Worth,Texas
    US Laklands always smell awesome when new, like a cigar shop. I used to have an Acacia that smelled great, something the builder put on.
  7. it reminds me of my bandmates spear. its a guitar that is made of lucite and smells amazing. i once lost my train of thought mid song because i caught a wiff of it.
  8. I do that after I treat my Warwick with some Howards Feed N Wax. mmmmmm orange
  9. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W' Sconsin
    Endorsing Artist Lakland**Bag End**Schroeder
    I had a Lakland Jerry Scheff that was a good smeller. I miss the scent as much as the sound.:meh:
  10. UrsaMinor

Jun 10, 2012
    Knoxville, TN
    Merry Sniffmas from the South! I always smell a brand new Martin, but I have never smelled a new bass. Maybe I should start :D
  11. my ex stingray...oh my gosh... every time I opened the case, the smell, I wanted to eat it up! Even after 10 years of playing...
  12. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    The EBMM basses have a distinct smell in the case when they are new.
  13. j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    Charleston, SC
    I put linseed oil on my AVRI pbass's fretboard. a bass that already smelled like a bag of marshmallows. now it smells like marshmallows and iced tea.
  14. UrsaMinor

Jun 10, 2012
    Knoxville, TN
    Marshmallows and Tea? Gonna get me hungry fellas.
  15. Agreed. They smell great!
  16. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    Hope it's not a Cort Curbow! Prolonged smelling of one of those may cause brain damage!
  17. jbossolo

Sep 22, 2011
    Both my Birdsongs (Sadhana and Embrace) smell like heaven! Scott hand rubs a secret oil mixture on the wood. Every time I open those cases, it's like aromatherapy. My teacher calls it the "scratch and sniff" bass!
  18. A few years ago, Gibson began putting their higher-end guitars in a hardshell lined with white fur and the interior smelled just like vanilla. Man, that is a delicious odor.
  19. TechJunky

TechJunky Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Southeast TX
    When I got my Les Paul, I'd take a whiff every time I pulled it out of the case. Smelled so good. The smell is mostly gone by now, but still faintly there.
  20. grisezd

Oct 14, 2009
    I dab a little Testors model glue on all of mine. Reminds me of the old days...

Gabba gabba hey!
  21. New Rickenbacker smell is better than new car smell. Probably bad for you too. I love pulling it out of the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.